HOPELESS 02

°*°*°*°*°*°*

I WAS once confident in my plan and ready to achieve my ultimate goal, but now I feel lost. Despite my longing to feel whole again, my heart seems to be struggling to keep up. I crave revenge, but it feels like an uphill battle.

However, the fire inside me hasn't been extinguished, and I vow to reclaim my strength.

I'll make sure that I'll be the Almodante's downfall.

~•~•~•~•~•~

"It wasn't the boy's fault, Mauve. It's no one's fault."

The words that my mom always uttered whenever I blamed that boy.

But...no mom. It's still his fault. No matter how the world spins in space, it's him who I can blame. He should be blamed.

Caspian Ezranel Almodante, the useless prick who got saved by my dad.

I know that it was in his line of work to risk his life for the others because he's a police officer, but...

How cruel my heart could be if I couldn't seem to understand why I would suffer from the longing for my father. My tears that can be wiped off didn't make any difference to my heart, which bleeds and might never heal from the scars.

"Sino ka?! Umalis ka sa pamamahay ko! Gavino! May tao rito! Gavino!"

I cried out, wishing to all the saints that I hoped I was dreaming, but I'm not. "Mommy! It's me, you're princess! What are you saying, mommy? I am Mauvelina!"

"Sino kang batang ka?! Did you steal something from here?!! Answer!"

After my dad died,my mom suffered from a mental disorder in which she could easily forget or couldn't stop imagining things.

My lola sent her to the mental hospital because she became uncountable in her craziness. My mom was suffering a lot, to the point where she lost her sanity.

Lola took care of me, but when another hurricane crashed upon our lives, my lola died due to a heart attack.

And there I was, left alone.

My dad is the only son of my lola and lolo and mom's relatives are in faraway religion and they don't seem to care for me.

I was left all alone.

Only the DSWD dared to take care of me, but I resist. I don't want to be called an orphan. I have my mom and my dad. They're always with me.

And all those disaster I faced it even though I was only eleven years old. But my age didn't matter. The house was sold thanks to my neighbors, and I inherited the payment. I found a house where two generous and thoughtful old couples let me live. I used the money to continue my studies, and in the afternoon I worked at the pier selling seafood.

And I managed to survive.

"Ano? Maghihiganti ka? Tanga ka ba,pano yon?"

"I can do it, Rish. It may not be easy, but I cannot live with the thought of him living a comfortable life while I am struggling and chasing every opportunity. It is unfair that he has been given opportunities that I have not. He has been the cause of so much pain and suffering in my life. With his arrival came the death of my father, my mother's descent into madness, the bankruptcy of our not so huge business, and the loss of my grandmother. I can't take it anymore."

My voice broke over my last statement. Tears keep on falling,rapidly. My heart clenched in pain that don't seem to ease. Everything was just so...fucked up.

Risha hugged me with a sigh.

Present day...

"OH, ano na bruha? May update na ba sa pagiging Avenger mo? Anong chapter Kana?" Risha teased me.

I let out a heavy sigh in annoyance. My plans seemed to be falling apart, despite all my efforts.

I had hoped to make Caspian Ezranel Almodante fall in love with me, only to break his heart and destroy his company. However, I soon discovered that achieving these goals was far more challenging than I initially thought. In fact, I didn't enjoy being in his presence, felt awkward around him, and his very presence reminded me of painful memories from my past.

What was supposed to be an easy task has turned out to be a major challenge. Instead of destroying, I find myself scheduling meetings and attending crucial gatherings for the success of the company.

I'm grateful that the company has helped me repay debts due to its secure insurance and high salary. Nevertheless, I can't help but feel defeated by my inability to carry this plan out.

"Mind your own business,gaga" I said,getting frustrated. The I heard a chuckle from her.

I closed my eyes, preparing for another day to come.

"May I know the reason of clearing your schedule today,sir?" I asked, politely.

As he closed his laptop and removed his costly, brand name glasses, I couldn't help but be struck by just how luxurious and expensive he appeared.When I glanced at him, it seemed as if he were an Olympian god come to life.

In the past, he had struck me as rather average, but now, he looked like nothing short of a living work of art, with each inch of him exuding an aura of elegance and refinement.

The moles on his tanned skin only served to further enhance his already breathtaking looks, making him appear all the more attractive. His lashes and brows were thickly curled, giving him a striking look that was sure to turn heads wherever he went. His nose was sharp and pointy, while his lips were full and heart-shaped, looking quite kissable. But it was his eyes that truly took my breath away - his deep blue orbs were mesmerizing to look at, and I struggled to resist the urge to stare at them for hours on end.

In short, he was nothing short of gorgeous, and I felt truly blessed to have been in his presence.

"Earth to secretary Mauve!" I flinched and my mind intact once again with my brain. I lost for a moment there.

"Y-yes,sir? You may continue..."

"As what I am saying, the reason for clearing the schedule is that I'll be visiting my grandma over the province. I just missed her..." He said using his usual formal and husky voice.

I nodded in response, "I see... province..." I mumbled.

I was about to excuse myself but then I heard him scoffed, "Wanna come with me? I mean-- you can unwind there..." Gosh,he looked so awkward saying those words.

Papayag ba ako o...papaano ko siya magpapaibig kong palagi akong umiiwas sa kanya? Hay...nakaka tangina naman nito.

I forced a smile,yung smile na parang nahihiya sa crush niya. Yung low-key malandi, "If it's okay with you,s-sir... I'd like to come" Eww,did I just say that.

He smiled,looking so joyful by my reply. "Okay then, secretary Mauve..."

Mga bulate niya ay nagsasaya habang ang akin naman ay nanggigil. Buhay talaga...