16 . Speaker

Yesterday was absolutely magical and spectacular filled with emotions it was just soo special

Yesterday was absolutely magical and spectacular filled with emotions it was just soo special. I woke up the same today except the ring on my finger and having the privilege today to call someone my fiancé today . I was getting ready today when suddenly my phone rang

I looked the name and I saw "mahiraaaaa" written. it's been soo many days and now she is calling me. kya baat hain.i put it on speaker as kya hi bolegi yeh ladki ab

"bitch, kutti kamini tumne Rishta pakka kar diya aur bola bhi nahi yeh kessi dosti hoi?"

(bitch you fixed your marriage and didn't even bother to inform me, what kind of a friendship is this)

oh my goodness what's wrong with her today. I quickly was about to put It on speaker when Aadhya said

"hi maasi"

(masi-aunt)

"oh my god Aadhya hi, tum kya kar rahi ho mummy ke phone pe"

(what are you doing on your mom's phone?)

"arre mummy left it on speaker"

"Anayya I will kill you if you don't get it off speaker right now when you are talking to your best friend phone ko speaker pe kon rakhta hain bhai"

(who keeps their phone on speaker when talking to their best friend?)

I of course realised it but too late for sure. I should never trust this girl with her words after she made the guy in our college fucking scared of her after cursing on him in like 50 different languages . I think every quiet and seedh- sadhi girl needs a friends who is a troublemaker so that the girl forces her to do every kind of thing and experience everything. If I ever stand up for myself in front of anyone it will always be because mahira taught me how to slap people with words.

"arre sorry nah kya hua?"

(what happened?"

"kya hua Matlab are you becoming deaf after your very very GRAND engagement yesterday?" came her voice practically screeching.

"arre I was about to telll youbut-"

"kya but time nahi Mila kya?"

(what you didn't get time?)

"nahi yaar who baat nahi hain let-"

(no that's not the thing-)

"toh kya baat hain bol na"

(then say what the issue is)

If I every kill a person I will kill her first for sure.

"tum bolne dogi tab nah"

(if you let me speak then only will I be able to say right)

I waited for her to reply but it went silent did I cut the call by mistake maybe? I took the phone away from my ear to check but call was on only

"ab chup kyu hogai?"

(why have you turned silent now?)

"what the fuck is wrong with you Anu abhi too tumne bola chup rahne "

(right now you said to stay quite right)

Abhiraj has said he would do anything nah. isko Marne bolde kya? my consciousness mocked

shut up consciousness

"okay so listen I am genuinely very sorry to not inform you pehle but everything happened so fast that I couldn't think of anything so basically......" I explained her everything even the abuse by taiji as she was already aware of it when she had caught me with a bruise on my hand and demanded answers for it. I told her all this while Aadhya was taking a bath inside and I made sure that she didn't hear a word about it.

"anu you are happy with it kya?" she said in a very serious tone

"relax mahira of course I am and abhiraj is a great guy he looks after me like I am some queen and I am so fragile that I might break any second if I'm not handled with care. he picks and drops me and aadu up everyday from school relax mahiru."

"wah wah is his family nice like his mother is she some deadly saas who will make you work 24/7"

(saas- mother in law)

"my god mahira you need to stop seeing those stupid things you watch, of course she is a nice person like I feel she fills in for the place of the mother that I well, never had and miss it a bit less nowadays."

"does he have some hot shot brother or like a friend?" does her brain like go to only one place? a gutter, yes indeed.

"he does have a brother-" she interrupted me before I could finish

"my god anuu mere love story kahi sach too nahi ho jaye?"

(my love story might come true then)

"umm I don't think so he is 16" I laughed out loud as soon as I said this as I heard a few curses from her side

"uff yaar anayya scratch that love story what about a best friend does he have one?"

"we actually never spoke about it"

"oh okay, listen can we meet up today after school ill pick you up?" she asked and it for sure got a smile on my face

"sure okay"

"I have to go, I will call you later"

"bye meri jaan"

"bye mahiru"

I cut the call and that's when I saw Aadhya coming out perfectly dressed and as if abhiraj has some camera in my room his call rang on my phone. Aadhya saw the call id and snatched the phone from the bed. I gave her a glare and made my way to take a bath.

I came after 20 minutes and like who doesnt take that long right. I get my 'me time' in there and honestly I quite enjoy it.

Aadhya gave me the phone while she sat quietly on the bed while I took the phone to talk to raj

"hi raj"

"hi Noor, who the fuck is mahiru?"

" okay first of all mahiru is mahira who is my best friend and maybe talk properly first "

I heard curses from other side and like two deep long breaths?

"I am sorry Noor that was definitely a wrong way of talking and I apologise for it"

"its okay relax"

"so. you talked to her for 30 mins? while she called you meri Jaan ?"

"how the hell do you know about this"

"I record your calls" is he saying as a joke or is he serious

"what are you joking raj ?"

"yes of course Noor as much as I want to listen to your voice I would never invade your privacy"

"then how else do you know?"

"princess told me but don't you dare tell her anything its apparently I quote "our teeny tiny secret"in her words "

was I taken aback by this ,for sure. I laughed on hearing the second part for sure it was hilarious hearing teeny tiny from a grown up guy with a deep voice's mouth. after I talked to him I had my breakfast then packed lunch for me and aadu and then raj picked us up and we made our way to the school.