found

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ ɪɴ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

:]

george feels like he hasn't seen karl in forever.

it's been five months since he came to stay with them for the first time. george has seen him since, for filming and at events, and he and sapnap even went to stay in north carolina for a bit before a party they'd been invited to. still, that doesn't get rid of the missing feeling.

realistically, george probably saw the brunette two or three weeks ago. not the point.

the knowledge that he will be walking in any minute now, with sapnap dragging his suitcase behind them because he thinks it's chivalrous, has the brit absolutely jittery.

it's been five months since george opened up about his feelings to karl and, even though he'd had doubts, it would be a lie to say his lifestyle hasn't improved.

he's not 'healed' by any means. most days are harder than he can explain, and the number of hours he's spent wasting in his bed only creeps up, but his bursts of brightness have gotten longer.

they've expanded to the point where the bursts no longer feel like bursts. sometimes his life will feel shon upon for a few days consecutively. some days he wakes up and doesn't even think about how sad he is.

most days are bad, but they're easier to fight through knowing that there's light at the end of the tunnel now. he trusts now, more than ever, that things will get better. he will get better.

dream has become somewhat of a safe haven for him. the blond must have been anxious about initially engaging in physical contact because, since karl told dream that george craves it, he's significantly more touchy.

sapnap and dream are still together, disgustingly in love, but that doesn't stop either of them from holding george while they watch a movie or cuddling him when he can't sleep. maybe to other people the closeness would be weird. maybe some couples would find it uncomfortable. not them.

sapnap and george aren't as physically close, but there's nothing wrong with that. it's not their dynamic, but that doesn't mean they love each other any less.

george knows he can go to dream when he needs a hug, just how he knows to turn to sapnap if he wants to laugh so hard he thinks he'll piss himself.

their banter has pulled george out of his head more times than he can count. he isn't sure if sapnap's timing is amazing or horrible, because the ravenette always seems to drop a joke whenever george starts feeling shitty. they're never cruel, but sometimes sapnap's jokes can jab at a sore spot that makes dream wince when he overhears.

george, however, loves the jokes that haven't been thought through. he loves the excuse to squabble and jab at his friend. he loves being able to insult the ravenette back. he loves how they can argue like brothers- ripping each other apart, just to end up sharing popcorn and playing video games minutes later.

he loves how, despite everything, sapnap hasn't tried to treat him differently.

the ravenette knows that george is depressed and he still doesn't treat him like some sort of fine china. it's comforting like nothing else.