Prologue

With the fall of Vale, a new plan grew under Salem's watch, one that would be tested on Atlas. With the recovery of Pyrrha Nikos, Summer Rose, and Roman Torchwick's souls, Salem would begin experimenting to bring them back to life as part Grimm. After months of team RWBY, now team RNJR, made of Juane, Ruby, Ren, and Nora, working with Qrow to stop Salem by finding a way to Mantle, Salem was able to pick off thousands of huntsmen, including the Ace Ops. With Mantel under Atlas, Salem was hasty to flood it with grimm pools, drowning the civilians and huntsmen in the city before turning them to Grimm-hybrids. In response, Ironwood would be quick to surrender, in an attempt save his city, he merely allowed Salem to infect his city, attacking the gravity dust in the bottom of the island, sinking it into the flooded Mantel.

Winter Schnee extracted Penny Polendina out of Mistral from Mistral during the opening moments. Team CFVY has escaped, barely, with their lives, and Neopolitan continues to roam the lands far and in between Vacuo and the coast. Team RNJR and Qrow had gone missing as Raven and the Branwen clan had been taken over by force under the watch of Cinder Fall. Survivors remained far and in between all of the kingdoms across Remnant. Meanwhile, on the small island of Falkiana, General Alex Stargazer is put in command of the 7th Tank-Infantry force. The Falkian Armed Forces, the FAF, prepare a counter invasion with their tanks. Knowing that, once they arrived at Vacuo, it would be overrun by Grimm. With this knowledge, they deployed the 7th Tank-Infantry, the 12th Heavy Artillery Battalion, 13th Motorized Infantry, 23rd Mechanized Infantry, 18th Naval Air squadron, 7th Marines, 80th Airborne, 60th Air Assault, and the 166th Elite Strike Force.

For the last two hundred years, the FAF had been developing the tank, having seen Atlas's mechs and droids as fictional tools of dreams, they developed a cheaper, much more grounded option, the tank. With the first tank being developed during the Civil War of 1918, it was an armored, tracked vehicle, with several machine guns and cannons. Over time they would be turned into a more modern vehicle, with thicker armor and a turret, and in 1944 the M-51 was put into service as the kingdom's first medium battle tank. By 1948, several other tanks with varying roles, shapes, and sizes were thrown into service. As the young general Alex Stargazer fought in the civil war of 1952, a few years prior to the fall of Beacon, he had been struck by a beam of aura during a battle, strengthening himself in the line of battle. And now, June 6th, 1956, the 7th Tank-Infantry, now dubbed the 'Armored Arrow,' pushes towards Vacuo, setting up a base seventy two kilometers away to place the experimental 'Carl' cannon outside the city within range to begin the barrage with its smaller support howitzers under the command of General Kris Stargazer. Operation Knightfall was quickly put into motion in an attempt to retake Vacuo as the Grimm solution began drying up into smaller grimm pools across the city.