Chapter V | Downtown

I sat still, standing in the makeshift command center, staring at a tactical map. Several flags with unit symbols surrounding and in the city spread out. I frowned as Neo leaned against the wall, clearly bored as she impatiently tapped her parasol on the ground.

"It's hard to think when you're making so much noise." I remarked. She rolled her eyes, but stopped the tapping. I sighed, "You're getting tired of just pants and tank tops?" I asked. She looked up at me and arched her brow, her mouth curling into a slight smile. I sighed, "Downtown is still populated with Grimm, however, it's the only place that hasn't been turned to rubble by Kris's barrage." I explained, pointing to a red circle on the map. "You want new clothes, that's where we'll find them." She looked at me before opening her mouth, letting out a sigh as she motioned me to start walking with her. Which I complied before taking the lead, taking her to a motor pool.

"Sir, I don't think shopping counts as a valid reason to take an armed jeep." The motor pool lieutenant told me. I shook my head, correcting him, "We're scavenging." I replied.

"Downtown?" He inquired.

"It's the only thing that was blasted to bits by the artillery." I replied.

"Meaning it's-" I cut him off, "Crawling with Grimm, we know." I replied. The lieutenant sighed, caving to me. "Fine, just, bring it back in one piece sir." He requested. I smirked, "I always bring things back in one piece." I answered.

"A good quality piece then." He added. I waved my hand dismissively before climbing into the tan kubelwagen, a .30 cal stand mounted in the back. Neopolitan sat in the passenger seat before we started driving down the roads. The roads were covered in rubble, plenty of obstacles to drift around, it was difficult to tell if Neo was enjoying the ride, but we ended up in the desired location. I stayed in the Kubelwagen while Neopolitan went in, after about thirty minutes she walked out, a hot pink polo with a black tie under a black trench coat with a pink inside. She wore a new white pistol belt with a silver belt buckle, a second loose black belt under the pistol belt, slouched under the first. A pair of knee high white boots with pink laces and a pink sole. She used her parasol to hold her up as she leaned to the side with a cocky smile.

"Alright you found your new fit, we should get going." I spoke. She put her hand up and motioned for me to follow her in. I rolled my eyes and followed her in, holding my STG to my chest. She started dashing around the room, looking for something before she threw a fedora at my face. I caught it and blew the dust off of it before looking at it.

"You want me to wear a fedora?" I asked. She nodded before continuing to look around, I sighed before placing down my STG and looking in the mirror as I tried on the fedora over my slouch hat, taking a moment to consider the look before placing the slouch hat on my STG. I let out a sigh, "Alright Neopolitan, I'll listen to your fashion advice." I stated. She smiled at me before tossing me some dark green cargo pants, which I caught with ease.

I turned to figure out a changing room to see a grimmified Roman Torchwick, an oddly large looking Alpha Beowolf, and Cinder Fall. I placed down the cargo pants and slowly reached for my rifle, "Hello there." I wearily greeted them. Cinder's eyes remained locked on me, like a predator watching its prey. She had this unsettling smile, I looked over to Neo, who was frozen in place, pale as a ghost. Her eyes locked onto Roman, or at least what was left of him. Part of his face resembled the skulls of beowolves, a Beowolf ear poking through his head of orange hair, the left side of his chest replaced with black fur and a pair of thick white bones. His right arm was longer and clawed, covered in thick black fur and chunks of bone. A tail flicked in the air behind him in sync with the Beowolf alpha with him, I let out a long sigh and opened my mouth to speak, a glass arrow whizzed past my face, the glass feathers on the end cutting bridge of my nose before smashing into the back wall. I raised my STG and returned fire to Cinder, moving to cover as I did.