xv. ❝ that's debatable ❞

LOGICAL

CHAPTER FIFTEEN!

015. ❝ THAT'S DEBATABLE ❞

"THEY'RE LOOKING AT US." grover says to the two girls next to him, reffering to the crowd of police officers who were staring at them, but only havan was actually listening to him as annabeth stared into the distance.

"so we should probably get out of here don't you think?" he asks again, but there was still no reply.

"dude, they're looking right at us." the satyr averts his gaze away from the police officers as he says this. "yeah, grover i think we got that part." havan replied, her a expression a mix of annoyance and worry.

"what?" annabeth murmers slightly, before grover began to gesture in the direction of the police officers. "come on. let's go find percy." havan breaks up their small encounter, recieving sympathetic looks from her friends.

grover sighs. "havan--"

"he's alive. i know it." the girl cuts him off before walking past the both of them in the direction of the river. "percy!" they all began to call out, looking around the area, checking to see if he was around.

"percy!" havan called out.

it was then when the three noticed the boy climbing over the balcony. the group continued to eye him weirdly as he sends them a small "hi." in response.

"look, im sorry about shoving you in the stairwell. even hearing myself say that sounds really bad, but i just knew you'd never agree, and there wasn't enough time--" but percy's explaination was cut off by havan walking up to him and pulling him into a hug.

the two stood there, in eachothers arms, for a while. but to them, that while probably felt like forever. the two were then broken up by annabeth coughing awkwardly as grover began to speak. "you're not as dead as we thought you'd be." the satyr says.

percy shrugs. "suprise."

"what happened?"

"short version, we need to go to santa monica." percy tells them, and they all look at him confused. "what, like now?" grover asks him. "my father's gonna meet me there. he's gonna help us."

"okay, just one problem with this plan. the police think we crashed an amtrak train." grover starts. "and then did that." he finishes, now gesturing his arm in the direction of where the arch was destroyed.

"the cops are after us? isn't that gonna make it hard for us to get on a train? or a bus? or really anything you need tickets for?" percy inquires earning similar looks from his companions.

havan huffed. "anybody else hungry?"

"me!" grover replied.

──── ✿︎ ────

"I THINK THIS QUEST MIGHT BE HARDER THAN WE THOUGHT." percy says, looking between his friends who didn't say anything in reply, already knowing the information he just happened to realise.