Intro

Republicans suck at winning.

The last time we won the popular vote for President was in 2004. When I was three years old.

And before that, the last time we won the popular vote was in 1988. When my mother was 15 years old and I had yet to be conceived for a decade and a half.

Donald Trump won the Presidency in 2016, and thank God for that. But he lost the popular vote by two points.

2020 was lost entirely when it should have been very winnable.

There is no reason Republicans shouldn't win every election by five to ten points in the popular vote. After all, our philosophy of free speech, free men, solid money, respect for life, and small government is a more compassionate and more sustainable way to live.

Yes, the media is against us. Yes, the Democrats changed the election rules to favor them post-COVID. Yes, there are a lot of open questions about our election system.

But here's the thing: there's only so much you can do to rig an election. If Republicans are winning the actual popular vote by five to ten points, that's an election that would be nearly impossible to steal. Take Glenn Youngkin's word for it. The Virginia Democratic Party, led by blackface baby killer Ralph Northam and one term governor Terry McAuliffe, saw an embarassing loss in 2021, even as Trump was out of office and after the events of January 6th.

How did Youngkin do it? He flipped the script. He didn't let the Demmies paint him into a corner on every issue.

There is no question in my mind as of today that unless Trump dies unexpectedly by natural or unnatural causes, or the Supreme Court rules that he is an insurrectionist when he actually tried to control the situation on January 6th, he will be the nominee for the 2024 election***.

The enthusiasm is on Trump's side. Most forecasts show Trump beating Joe Biden handily.

But in 2020 around this time, before the Chinese flu dropped, the polls showed pretty much the same thing. And we all know how the November election turned out.

In 2022, pretty much everyone was betting on a red wave. Dr. Oz was defeating Fetterman in Pennsylvania, Adam Laxalt seemed likely to beat Masto in a landslide, and the House seemed like it would be a comfortable Republican majority. Yet it was not to be, and Democrats actually gained Senate seats. Republicans gained one governor's office in Nevada and lost three more in Maryland, Massachusetts, and Arizona.

What do both of these elections have in common? We didn't play "the game" properly.

This book, I hope, will teach the GOP how to play "the game" just right, so we can make a brighter tomorrow for Gen Z-ers like myself and the now-school-aged Gen Alpha.

I'm gonna teach you how to WIN, and win BIG.

And it all comes down to how we talk about the issues.

***Written before Trump won the nomination. He has it now. Godspeed Mr. Trump!