Family

"So, whatcha doing?" I asked my grandmother as I helped her clean out some old boxes.

"I'm just looking through some old picture books. Want to have a look?" She asked as she patted the empty spot next to her on her old couch. I wanted to get a new one for her... but she insisted I not waste my time or my money.

"Sure Gram." I replied as I took the seat next to her.

"Now, See here, this is my sister, Victoria and her husband Alucard. They lived in Russia for a while and then moved to Canada. And these are their children, Lux, Ruffio, and Anya." Gram said as she showed me a black and white photo of what looked like a family out of the 18 hundreds. The old fashion styles and everything. But I wasn't about to judge. I'd never been to Russia, maybe that was a style back then.

"They look... young, happy." I commented.

"Oh they were." Gram Smiled. She turned the page and showed me her sister, her sister's husband and their two kids. Again, youthful, but more modern clothing. Almost too modern to be honest.

"It's been a long time since I showed anyone these." She smiled again, flipping slowly through the pages. I looked on as she showed me my grandpa when he was younger. Something I didn't know was how youthful he looked as well. Grandma looked quite youthful too.. But I guess it made sense. Pictures of Uncle Ren and Aunt Beth. My mother was there as well, I almost forgot how beautiful she was. It had been ten years since she passed away. Car accident, as she was coming home from work. The exit off the freeway had a sharp turn, and a car beside her came up too fast. Flipped onto my mother's car, both cars went over the edge and landed in the ditch below after another flip.
My mother's car was totaled... looked like a crumpled Pepsi can. My mother died on impact.. But they weren't sure which impact. That didn't make it better at all... for a while I worried that she was in deep pain before she died. I was fifteen back then... I had no one else but Grandma and she raised me from then on.

"As much as I'd like to go through the family tree with you, Gram... I'd like to get this sorting done so I can head home." I smiled, knowing she really liked talking about these things. But also knowing she could go on for a very long time.

"Oh, alright. I'll be there in a bit." She smiled. I got up from the sofa and made my way back into the second bedroom of the house. Going through the boxes all afternoon was a chore. Gram had so much stuff it was ridiculous. She did let me keep some trinkets that used to belong to my mother, as well as a sewing machine.
That evening, after dinner with grandma, I headed home and figured out where to put the things she'd given me. My apartment wasn't exactly large, I had limited space so it was difficult to find places for everything. After a shower and a quick change into my pajamas, I set up the sewing machine on my small dining table and started going through my fabrics. I wanted to make grandma a new scarf. So I looked for the fluffiest, softest material I had and got right to work.

I finished just after midnight and cleaned up. I found an old gift bag and put the Lavender collared scarf in there. I'd give it to her when I saw her again in a few days. I washed my cup, and went to get ready for bed. As I was brushing my teeth I looked in the mirror.. Thinking about how Gram said I looked just like my mother.
I'd always been curious, I was far too young when she and dad died. Grandma was the only one who took care of me, Who raised me. I spit into the sink, rinsed my mouth with mouthwash and sucked air in through my teeth, giving myself a smile in the mirror and wishing away the dark thoughts.

I turned off the light, and climbed into bed. Snuggling into my blankets and closing my eyes. At some point, I started to drift to sleep.

The large ivory room with gold trim I was in was way too clean and lavish to be a place that I'd ever been. A dark haired man with his back to me was sitting at a piano, and suddenly sweet music started to play. I looked around, lights illuminated this large room, but nothing else was in it. Just a piano, this strange man, and me. I looked down at myself to find I was wearing a dark red dress, It was off the shoulders and was long with slits on either side coming up to my hips almost.. The red and black heels on my feet made clicking sounds as I moved toward the man. Once I was right behind him, I reached for his shoulder. Suddenly I was turned and sitting on his lap as my back pressed against his front. I felt gentle touches on my shoulder. I suddenly realized the man was kissing my shoulder. He left a trail of kissing up to my neck, his hand gently guiding my head to the side in order to give him better access. The kisses continued and each kiss on my neck turned me on more and more. I started to squirm under his touch and that only made him touch me more. His hand, cool as it was, gently stroked my arm and made me eager for more. Suddenly a sharp pain hit my neck and I gasped, not in pain... no.. this was pleasure.