Chapter 5

"Just like you had rules, so do I" Lani told him as they crossed the road

"I didn't have rules" Wesley's eyes widened

"Whatever" She waved him off "You only really need to know Alya - she's kinda of my guy."

Wesley nodded, repeating the name to himself so he wouldn't forget. But by the time they walked in the doors it had slipped his mind completely.

"Lani" A boy in a deep blue suit walked towards her and winked "Looking hot. Can't wait to see you later" He smirked and then strutted off

"What the hell?" Wesley glared after him, pointing his question towards Lani

"That's Parker." She started "He is the biggest flirt and easy has the dirtiest mind out of our entire year. He does that sort of thing to everyone"

"Yeah you don't need to worry about him." A new voice piped in

Lani and Wesley both spun around to find the source of vocals.

"Wes, this is Alya" Lani grinned

The name clicked in Wesley's mind as he remembered this was kinda Lani's guy.

"Ahhh, the infamous Wesley" She smirked, looking at Lani out the corner of her eye.

Wesley raised an eyebrow at the two before holding out his hand "Nice to meet you Alya"

She shook his hand before another boy, who Wesley assumed was either her date or her boyfriend entered the little circle.

"Hey River" Lani smiled at the boy. His hair was a Mousey brown, tussled and clearly not tameable. He looked like a little boy. "Rivs. This is Wesley"

"Nice to meet you" River shook his hand, firmly

"Yeah you too" Wesley nodded back at the boy

The two couples separated and went their own ways. River and Alya took to the dance floor while Lani dragged Wesley towards food.

"I'm starved" Lani dramatically sighed

Wesley looked up and down the table of snacks and decided on an Oreo. He looked over to his girl and saw her eye balls bulging out of her head, mouth hung open, once again, dramatically. But this time, she wasn't looking at the food.

"Uhhh, Lani?" Wesley looked at her with some concern

"Look" She barely whispered and pointed past the table and towards the Photo Booth.

"I'm not sure I understand" He looked in line with her finger and couldn't see anything that would get that reaction.

"The screen" She emphasised

Wesley's eyebrows furrowed as he tried to focus on the little screen and the photo it might be showing.

"It's Alya" Lani explained. "And River"

Wesley squinted to see but it was too small and too far. "How can you see that?" He asked, then added "What's the photo?"

"They kissed!" She quietly shrieked. "Alya and River freakin kissed. In the freakin Photo Booth! And got it freakin captured!"

"Ok, do we need to keep saying 'freakin'?" Wesley asked, smile on his face

"Yes!" Lani, regained her composure and smirked "This is a big moment. It's Alya's first kiss!"

Wesley nodded, finally understanding. He smiled at Lani's excitement and started towards the Photo Booth, pulling Lani behind him. But she soon overtook him, out of excitement. They waited patiently - or at least tried to, until the couples time in the booth ran out and they both stepped out, smiles plastered against red cheeks.