6

MARK

It was already dark outside, and I walked Julie back home.

"Mark." She called out my name when we reached the entrance of the cafe.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Thanks for today." She smiled. "It meant a lot."

I nodded, "Are you feeling better?"

"A bit, yeah." She sighed. "He's called me too many times."

"Do you want something to help you cheer you up more?" I asked. "I can stay a bit longer with you."

"I'm fine, Mark." She smiled. "I just need some time to myself."

"Okay." I smiled and nodded, pushing her hair behind her ear. "Take care, Jules."

"I love this nickname." She smiled. "Bye, Mark."

"I'll come to see you tomorrow." I waved her bye.

*

"Hyung." I walked into Johnny's room. "I needed some advice."

"Yeah, man, what's up?" Johnny looked up.

"It's about Julie." I said.

"I know. You like her, don't you?" He asked.

"Yeah, I do." I nodded. "That's not the point, though."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Don't tell anyone..." I sighed. "She got cheated on."

"She had a boyfriend?" He asked.

"Yeah." I nodded. "I didn't want to leave her crying alone, so I asked her to join us."

"You did the right thing." Johnny said.

"But I know she's still heartbroken." I rubbed my face. "She would be, of course. This jerk of a guy ruined his relationship of so many years just because he couldn't handle it being long distance."

"Julie, I've not known her long, but, she's so...perfect." I breathed out. "She's kind, and humble, and sweet. She's just so passionate about the things she does, she takes care of her dogs, manages a whole cafe, she's just...I don't even know what to say."

"Mark..." Johnny stared at me as if I was asking him to sell his kidney.

"I swear to God, if I was in place of that douchebag, I would have treated her like a queen." I said. "She deserves so much, she's just such a nice person."

"Its okay. Calm down." Johnny grabbed a water bottle. "Man, you don't even know her that well, still you're getting so...worked up-"

"That's the thing I've been trying to tell you!" I said, gulping down the water.

"Okay, no, that was not-" He started.

"I don't even know whats her favourite color, what her favourite snack is, but what I know, is I want her." I said, and when I realised what I said, I slapped a hand on my mouth.

"Mark..." Johnny sighed.

"Want her in the sense-" I started explaining.

"I know what sense." Johnny said. "It's self explanatory, the way you talk about her."

*

The next day, after recording a new song, I decided to go check up on her. But to my surprise, when I reached there, the cafe was closed.

I called Julie, hoping she would pick up. But she didn't.

Is it okay for me to be worried at this point?

I called her again, and again. But she never picked up.