vi: blood and scars

A/N: IM BACK

LUKE

I start packing all our bags into the mini van, while Eloise is talking with the kids about the rules we came up with, for the car ride to be pleasant.

"Percy you're sitting in the middle, Annabeth on your right and Grover on your left. Clarisse you're sitting behind them. So that we can make it without arguing." She says while giving me a look

They get in while closing the door.

"You really want to win this bet, don't you?" I ask approaching her

"Of course, I will make them fall in love."

"Do you want me to drive first?" I ask and she nods

She makes her way into the passenger seat and closes the door. I want to walk to my door but Thalia's voice makes me halt and look towards her.

"Luke, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been such a bitch. I-I- I was just jealous. I was afraid that you will replace me with her, but then I realized that is not the case. Because you don't want her as a friend, you want more from her."

"I don't want anything from her." I rush out

"Please, I can see the way you look at her. There's no fooling me."

"I'm sorry, I didn't choose you for this quest."

"Don't apologize, I would kill Percy, that kid can't shut up."

"I'm happy for you, this is your chance to prove yourself." She adds

I give her a nod of appreciation, she pulls me into a hug and whispers in my ear.

"Make her fall in love with you. You will get the girl. I believe in you."

I squeeze her one more time, before letting go and walking towards the car. When I sit down, Eloise gives me a puzzled look before looking out of the window. I just shrug it off.

"Everyone has their seat belts on?" I ask

When everyone nods, I start the car.

I take a glance to my right, to see Eloise eyes closed and her head leaning on the window.

ELOISE

Here it was, the jealousy that struck through my veins. When I saw Thalia and Luke hugging, something tugged in my chest.

I don't know why, I shouldn't feel jealous, I don't have a reason to be jealous.

When Luke gets in the car he asks.

"Everyone has their seatbelts on?"

To which everyone nods including me. When he starts the car I lean my head on the window, watching Camp-Halfblood disappear from my sight.

I let out a sigh when the silence in the car makes me uncomfortable. I turn to the radio and turn it on. 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA starts playing.

"Turn the volume up." Percy says

So I do.

After three hours of driving, the kids in the back, start to complain about being hungry. So Luke decided to stop at a gas station.

Walking out of the car, I turn towards Percy and give him a look.

"Don't cause trouble." I warn him pointing a finger at him

"You guys have 20 minutes to do whatever you want, we'll meet at the car." Luke says coming to stand next to me

They all nod and walk off. Luke turns to me with a worried look.

"Are you okay?" He asks softly

"I'm fine." I respond drily before brushing past him and walking into the store

I'm not fine, but I won't tell him that. I'm scared about the Prophecy and during the car ride I finally realized that I do have feelings for Luke. Which is so bad, because he would never like me like that and we are on a quest together. I need to focus, but it's hard when he's around the whole time.

I walk around grabbing things that are necessary for a car ride that long. I walk up to the counter, where I lay everything down.

When I look up, a small terrified gasp leaves my mouth. Before me stands a woman, but she's not normal. Her whole face is covered in blood and scars, but her body is a little see through.

"24.67" she tells me after scanning all the products

I try giving her the money but they fall right through her hand. Her gaze shifts from her face to me. She looks angry, she starts growling before charging at me.

I quickly doge her and scramble to an isle so she can't see me.

I scream loudly when the shelf I've been leaning on starts to fall down. I quickly get on my knees and run towards the exit, but before I can reach the door, it closes shut and the woman is standing in front of it.

I quickly run away, trying to find a weapon that can kill her. I can hear banging from outside. When I look at the window I see Luke, Clarisse, Annabeth, Grover and Percy standing there, trying to get inside.

"Salt! Use Salt!" Annabeth screams at me

Great. It's my first thought. We are at a gas station not a grocery store. I don't know if they have salt. I don't have a lot of time to think, because this creature is standing directly in front of me now.

I grab a beer glass bottle that is on my reach and throw it at her, which brings nothing because it only passes through her and smashes on the floor.

That was not a good idea from me, because now she's even more angry. I quickly run seeing her follow me. I try to stay positive but I don't see anywhere a fucking salt pack.

"Behind the counter!" Clarisse yells out

I do the only reasonable thing, I run towards the counter and push shelf's on my way hoping it would slow her down. I quickly get behind the counter and grab the salt. I rip it open and when I see her approaching me I take a handful and throw it at her.

The salt touches her and she screams in agony, I know that it won't kill her but it gets me time to sprint to the exit door and rip it open.

I drop to my knees, Clarisse and Annabeth are kneeling beside me holding me up. Luke and Percy stay by the door watching her.

"We need to go!" Luke hurries us into the car, while helping me get up