1

"George Davidson, this is disgusting. I've raised you for 16 years and this is what you give in return to me?!"

*slap*

He was 17, his mother couldn't even remember his age.

"I thought you were a worthy son. I suppose you aren't."

He hated hearing this but couldn't do anything about it, so he decided to just ignore her.

"Go to your room, I don't want to see you tonight."

He sits up from the floor and backs away, as he enters his room a cold shiver goes down his spine, he realizes he just forgot to close the window, but just as he closes it an idea comes to mind

"what if I climb on the rooftop again, I'm sure no one would mind"

and he did so, he was only 2 stories high but it seemed like much more. The rooftop above his balcony was flat, he sat there around 3 times or so, he usually didn't because it was really cold.

As hours go by and stars move along the shiny night sky he feels his phone vibrate in his hand.

-----

Karl

K- Hi george, I was wondering if you'd like to hang at nick's house this weekend, he's hosting a party with a lot of people, maybe you could make some more friends? :)

G- you know im not interested into this kinda stuff

K- c'mon! it will be fun, I promise, just this once

G- we ll talk about it

K- okayyy

-----

He was sure he wouldn't go and just said that so Karl would leave him alone.

He lit up another cig, it was his escape. Everybody has an activity they do to escape the real world, they just don't realize it. Some people smoke, some people read, some watch movies, some dance, some sing, some play instruments, some sleep, and some just stare at the wall and think. He was the kind of people that smoked, slept, and stared at the wall and thinked.

After another hour or so, he goes inside. His mother didn't even observe his sudden disappearance so he goes to bed as always.

-

As he wakes up to the shining light upon his chocolate eyes, George decides he'll skip the first class.
He goes down the stairs trying not to wake his mother, he knows the pattern he should step in to not creek the stairs.

He successfully goes outside, 30 minutes before second period, he has it with Karl so he can't skip, maybe the one after.

As he enters the highschool in break he sees Karl and Nick, Nick was holding his hand around Karls waist as he always does, George wasn't jealous at all, he never wanted a relationship, as he thought he'd be better off alone.

"Hi George"
"Hi Karl, Hi nick"

Nick lets go of Karls waist and goes on his phone, he's not really friends with George but Karl is, and they're together so.

"Did you think about the party I told you about?"
"Yea, man I really don't know"
"You could tag along me and Nick, but there's gonna be some of his friends too. Nick didn't you say Clay is gonna be there?"
"Oh yeah, clay, he's a friend of mine from the hockey team which I'm on, and he told me he moved closer to the school, he used to live really far."
"Cool"
"So what do you-"

Karl can't finish his sentence because the bell rings and we both run to class leaving Nick running in the other direction.

As we get to class we're both out out of breath because for some reason this class is in the other side of the building.

-

After class I take my backpack and leave alongside Karl

"I think I'm gonna skip this class"
"C'mon! you'll get low grades"
"You think I care? I'll drop out anyway"
"No you won't"
"Whatever"
"So you coming to the party George?"
"Karl, no"
"Please, you never go! There will be alcohol, weed, drugs, cigaretes, women! all the stuff you like, although they're not healthy"
"Now you're trying to gaslight me to come? I know you don't like weed, drugs and stuff, now you like them?"
"No but I was just hoping you will come to this one, please, just once"
"Will you stop telling me about other parties if I come"
"YES!!"
"Fine, if that makes you happy I guess"
"THANK YOUU!!"

He jumps on me to hug me but I push off hence I hate physical contact

"Sorry I forgot you don't like hugs"
"it's ok, just don't do that again"

I sigh and I turn around leaving the school as Karl waves goodbye to me.

I go near my street as I live really close to my school, and i see that a few houses down the street someone is moving in. "New neighbours, so fun." I think to myself as I see a blond boy going outside with a box and throwing it in the trash, the way his hair was one with the wind was mesmerizing, I couldn't help but observe his green eyes, they looked like grass and emerald, he had a pair of baggy jeans and a green hoodie on top, his freckles were unevenly scattered across his skin and his lashes were beautiful and long.

I decide to go back to my home as I didn't want to seem like a weirdo staring at him, so I go grab my skateboard through my window that I leave open so I can climb in. It's not really hard to climb in my room, I climb on some pipes that really resemble a ladder.

I slide down the pipe and hop on my skateboard, I don't like new people so I skate past the new neighbours house. I skate to the railway.

George used to love looking at the stars with his father, until he passed. He was around 8 when it happened. A car crash.
He was with his father in his car, he was talking with him, and his father turns his head around to George, and when he does so a car slides infront of them and his father was killed, right infront of his eyes, roughly 9 years ago.

Although he thinks he got over it, he definetly didn't, and still craves the fatherly love that he is missing, or, any kind of love. He only told Karl about this, Alex, doesn't know, nor does Alex's boyfriend, Wilbur. They've gotten along pretty well since they're both British and came to America, he quite enjoys spending time with Wilbur but he can't even get a second when he's not with Alex.

As another train goes past the railway infront of him he imagines what it would be like to sit here with someone. The sad thing is he thinks he doesn't want a relationship but his soul craves one, he's scared to be in a relationship.

As he sticks his cig into the ground, he grabs his skateboard but as he's going back he sees someone doing gardening. Oh, it's the new neighbour, George hates new people so the neighbour says hello he doesn't say it back and skate past him, as he looks back he sees a dissapointed face on the blonde.

It was already 4th period, he only went to the 2nd one today, he had 6 in total. He decided to go to the last one aswell because he enjoys English.

As he rides back to school, 4th period was almost over, so he goes behind the school to sit there and light a cigarette. As he does so he sees the headteacher talking with a student he doesn't recognize, so he tries hiding but he's seen by the teacher.

"What are you doing here, young man?"

"I was just waiting for someone"

He recognizes the student, it was his new neighbour.

"Well if you decided to skip, then go show the new kid around and I'll forgive you this once."

"Okay, will do. Thanks "

I say as I force a smile onto my face. I did not want to do this especially this guy.

"Come with me, I'll show you around"