7. Smooth operator

Detective Gardner had had it with this criminal. All that she knew was that this thief was constantly committing petty crimes just to annoy her. His catchphrase seemed to be 'I stoll your heart' which was evident as it was seen graffitied throughout the city.

'The unpredictable fool' She muttered under her breath as she chased him on the rooftops. He always seemed to be a step ahead of her, yet just out of reach, taunting, leering, and smirking at her. His mop of brown hair bouncing each time he effortlessly jumped from rooftop to rooftop.

Last time, He'd led her whole detective team on a wild goose chase just for the fun of it, and she'd come so close to catching him that day, that she vowed she would catch him the next time she saw him. Right now, as the wind whips through her hair and stings cold on her face as she chases after him on top of the rooftops, she calls her shit.

'why does he have to be so damn agile?!' He seems to hear her because he turns back and gives her a salute, his dark blue eyes, the only part of his face visible, twinkling with mirth. However, in all his glory, he trips on a jutting piece of rock and falls flat on his face.

Hah. I've got you now. She thinks to herself as she pulls out a pair of handcuffs. She crouches over his fallen body, him groaning in pain, clutching his knee to put on his handcuffs, as she smirks at him. He seems to realise what is happening and stills under her. She dramatically wiggles her fingers and pulls off his mask . Woah, He's really pretty; Snap out of it Katie! She scolds herself mentally, while still not being able to avert her eyes from his defined nose, eyes on the brink of laughter and pink lips. His hair looked soft and fluffy, and she wanted to reach out and run her hands through it.

"Not that I mind," He leers, But, shouldn't you be using those handcuffs?"

She scoffs at that, 'I was getting to it' She rolls her eyes at him and reaches to grab her handcuffs, only to realise they were missing. She whips her head back at him, only to find him chuckling at the sight in front of him.

"Not so confident now, are we?" He flips them over, Katie beneath him, caged by his arms. His eyes roam around her face as she tries not to get flustered, heart thumping from the proximity. Still not breaking eye contact, he rips open the handcuffs and encloses them around her wrist. Then, he pulls out a piece of paper as Katie watches in dispair, scribbles something and then tucks it in her coat pocket. He mimics a salute, and vanishes, jumping off the rooftop.

Katie later checks the note after her teammates find her helpless and free her.

"I'm not a photographer, but I can picture us together;)

09xxxx-xxx-xxx ~ Travis Stoll

Ha I guess I stoll your heart Detective Katie-Kat"

'Yeah clearly you're not a photographer, you're a pesky thief.' She grumbles under her breath trying to stop the blush from reaching her cheeks.