Chapter 2 - Bunny Teacher

It feels like you're walking in space. There is no floor to step on and no gravity to pull you down. But unlike space, you can't see the stars twinkling in the black or feel cold nipping at your skin. You aren't breathing. And yet, despite it all, you continue thinking you're going to class.

"77-B~77-B~77-B~"

In the distance, you see a wooden sliding door manifest. It's hovering in the air, prompting you to glide over and inspect the anomaly carefully. Why is the door floating? Where is this strange place?

Looking up at the sign hanging by the door, you see a banner reading "Class 77-B" in big letters. Your heart starts pounding.

"Th-This... is it?" you ask as you press your ear against the mysterious door. There is the faint sound of people talking to each other inside. Students, perhaps...? Grabbing the handle, you gently slide open the door to...

A completely ordinary classroom!

Glancing around, you saw lots of confused students babbling to each other about their current predicament. When you looked up at the clock to see if you were late, you noticed the hands were turning counter-clockwise at a rapid pace. The sliding door slammed shut behind you, even though you weren't touching the handle anymore. Upon hearing the door slam, everyone looked up anxiously at you. Fifteen high school students in all kinds of outfits and from all kinds of backgrounds blinked at you, waiting for you to make a sound. What an embarrassing way to introduce yourself to the most talented students in the world...!

"H-Hello!" you awkwardly spat out. The bizarre situation still had your lips feeling like numb gummy worms, but you knew you would have to manage. "I'm... (F/N) (L/N)! I-Is... this the right room?" You bit down on your tongue in shame. They have no idea who you are! What a stupid question to ask!

"Oh, hey!" one of the voices called suddenly.

A pale boy with messy hair resembling a dying coral reef approached you with a friendly smile. Something was unsettling about the dystopian look about him. The green hoodie he wore with red squares even made him look like he was covered in blood splotches. Despite his gloomy appearance, he seemed friendly enough when he extended his hand out to you for a handshake.

"The name's Nagito Komaeda. And yes, (y/n), you have indeed found Class 77-B!" he chirped.

You firmly gripped his hand and gave it a good shake. The name Nagito felt familiar for some reason... Did you stumble across it while looking up student talents yesterday? Suddenly, you remembered where you heard it.

"Wait, aren't you the Ultimate Lucky Student??" you blurted with astonishment. You didn't mean to sound so awe-struck, but unlike everyone else, this guy got accepted only by chance. "You're the only student in the country who got picked by the Hope's Peak Academy entrance raffle!"

Nagito blushed slightly and chuckled at your enthusiasm. "Yep, that's me. Guilty as charged. Hence why they dubbed me the Ultimate Lucky Guy. It's not the greatest talent, but hey! It got me here."

You withdrew your hand and looked around. "So... Everyone here is a freshman like me, right?"

A girl with red bobbed hair and freckles nodded and approached you. "That's right! We were just talking about where we went to middle school."

Another girl with long purple hair and uneven bangs rushed over to you and began inspecting your face closely. "O-Oh...! You look so pale! Could it be... it happened to you too??"

"It?" you asked. The moments outside the door in the void were already fading from your mind.

A pudgy man in a fine beige suit, green tie, and thin pair of glasses forcefully intervened. He had an air of authority that nobody could question, but that was probably more because of his size than anything else. "No one can remember how they got here. The moments leading up to our arrival are a complete mystery. But everyone who walks in through that door seems... frazzled."