50

TAYYIB

My mind trailed back to Nadira as Yasir read this quarter's reports to our mother. It was a weekend, and I planned on staying in with her, but Al-Qasim requested to see me at the office in an hour.

Our company was heading the construction of his new hotel, and it seems the workers have been facing some problems.

"I think we did pretty good. Tayyib, do you have any updates on the hotel project?" Zayn asks, pulling me back into the conversation.

I nodded. "I'm meeting Al-Qasim in a bit. Everything will be sorted after the meeting, and the process will continue smoothly." I answer.

"That's good to hear. I'm proud of you all," Mama says, rubbing Rayan's head. "Any news?"

She asked this question regularly as she loved hearing about the little joys in our lives.

"Manal is still angry with me," Rayan says, sighing.

She smacks his head and glowers at him, making Sa'ad snicker wickedly. "It's been weeks. What is wrong with you?" Mama asks.

He rubs the assaulted spot and moves away. "It's not my fault she doesn't want to see reason. Maybe if you tell her it's not a good idea, she'll listen," he replies.

She shakes her head. "I've told you countless times that I will never interfere with your marriages. It's you and her, not me, you and her."

"Mama is right. If you don't want her to go, just tell her," Zayn chimes in.

Rayan rubs his temple and groans. "This is all too much. I don't want her to be away for that long, but at the same time, I don't want her to let go of her dreams. If I make her stay, she'll be unhappy, and if she goes, I'll be unhappy."

Mama pats his hand and smiles at him. "Muhammad, sacrifices have to be made."

"So I have to choose between her happiness or mine?" He asks, and we all nod.

"If you really love her, then you already know what to do. It'll be hard, but a year will pass quickly," I speak up.

He sighs and buries his head in his hands. "I don't think I can do it," he muffles, his voice cracking.

"Then you don't love her enough," Zayn taunts.

He lifts his head and glares at Zayn, causing him to smile. "Relax. I'm just pulling your leg," Zayn says.

Sa'ad moves closer and pulls him into a hug. "You're strong, and we're here for you. We'll keep you entertained."

"And we have a plane," Yasir adds.

Rayan blinks and smiles. "Oh. I forgot about that," he says and all laugh.

"That doesn't mean you'll slack off even more. We're managing with Owais and Junaid already," Yasir tells him.

"Speaking of those two rascals. Where are they?" Sa'ad asks, and we all shrug.

Mama pulls out her phone and turns the screen to us. "Probably out buying something stupid. They each withdrew two hundred and twenty-five million this morning."