{#3} - [Shot Through the Heart (and I'm to Blame)]

{______________}

"Alright, you're all checked in," the hotel receptionist informed Y/N and Akali, handing Y/N a set of card keys. "You'll be in room fifty-seven, third floor. A bellhop will escort you and your luggage up to your room."

The keys only stay in Y/N's hand for a quick second, one of the keys snatched away by Akali before Y/N can even blink. He glared at Akali who gave him a pointed glare right back, hooking her arm around Y/N'd with a light squeeze. Oh. That's right. Y/N's never been married, and he didn't know that many married people outside of family, but he's pretty sure arguing with your spouse wasn't too uncommon. If Y/N was actually married to Akali (thankfully that's not a situation Y/N hopes to find himself in ever) he's pretty sure their typical bickering would still occur even with the whole 'being in love' thing. But apparently Akali had other ideas. Maybe she had a more idealistic image of what their marriage would look like (real or not).

Y/N exchanged his glare for a smile, and discreetly stepped on Akali's foot.

"You said you wanted to check out the lounge once we got here, remember?" Akali smiled so sweetly at Y/N that he almost fell for it and thought he actually did say anything like that, but there's a twinkle of mischievousness in Akali's eyes that snaps Y/N out of it. The entire flight over had consisted of Akali elbowing Y/N in his sleep, and the taxi ride over to the hotel hadn't been much better; nowhere before arriving at the hotel had there been any discussion of Y/N wanting to do anything but go to sleep in an actual bed.

If the receptionist wasn't staring so intently at them, Y/N would've had sharper words to argue back with, but because they are, Y/N settled for a nod. "You aren't going to join me? I'll be awfully lonely without you." He made sure the second part sounded as sickenly sweet out loud as it did in his head, and judging by the way Akali swatted at his arm, it probably did.

"Don't be silly, I need to take a shower," Akali said, and Y/N groaned because he's one-hundred percent sure this is Akali's way of getting out of the work of investigating the hotel. The groan was half Y/N's frustration with Akali for being so sly, and half frustration at himself for not thinking of the idea first.

Y/N opened his mouth to speak even though he didn't have any idea of what he's actually going to say, but Akali beats him to it, leaning over with one hand placed on Y/N's chest. She whispered (definitely not quietly enough that the receptionist can't hear her), "Though I can wait if you want to join me."

Akali pulled away with a wink, and that's the end of that. The receptionist gave the two of them a strange look, a mix between curiosity and embarrassment, and even though it's all Akali's fault Y/N was the one who's somehow put in charge of apologizing while Akali happily headed towards the hotel room with the bellhop accompanying her.

The receptionist was kind enough to hand a pamphlet containing the schedule for the week that included a list of the hotel's amenities. There's a pool and hot tub that Y/N wonders if he could drown Akali in. Or maybe he could just use the bath in their hotel room, maybe a sneak attack on Akali while she's in the bath and-

Y/N flipped the page in the pamphlet so hard that the bottom of it ripped a little.

Even before arriving, Y/N had some vague idea of what the hotel stay was going to be like with a quick look at the hotel's calendar online; the whole week is an event hosted by the winery closeby, the week filled with small activities and parties to celebrate the 50th year anniversary of the winery. Akali had shouted in delight when she found out, and Y/N had promptly packed what felt like a whole pharmacy of painkillers to deal with all the hangovers he knew he (and Akal, who whines like a five-year old when she's hungover) will have to deal with.