Ch-1 You're Late Satoru

In every world, every universe,

I would still choose you, to be with you.

--------------------------------------

"You're late...Satoru" came a weak voice, although strong enough to push Gojo through a wave of emotions. He turned to that alleyway, keeping his emotions from surfacing and showing out. He kept a neutral expression while his thoughts went haywire. His best friend was dying in front of him. His Suguru was on the brink of death and he had to see it himself. Despite being the strongest, he felt quite enervated and cowardly as he couldn't bring him to stay there and witness his death.

They exchanged some small sentences, not something they both wanted to say then, all the while Geto kept smiling and laughing in between. Gojo felt his gut wrench. How could Suguru be smiling right now? How could he laugh and act like he isn't dying right now? He moved a little ahead, crouching down to his level subconsciously and saying slowly, his lips almost trembling, "We will meet again, right?" This caught Geto off guard as surprise took over his face, but then laughed it off.

Gojo couldn't handle it anymore. He wanted to cry right then and there. "At least curse me in the end." Suguru said, laughing slowly again. That was it for Gojo. Anytime more he would stay with Suguru more, he would break down. He shouldn't break down, he is the strongest. With a hundred thoughts swirling in his mind, he got up saying that he had to go back to his students.

Every step he took away from his Suguru threatened him to go back to him and cry his heart out, scold him, hug him, tell him everything he ever wanted to tell him. But he did not and left his one and only in that lonely alleyway. He sped up to meet his students and get this done with. He wanted to go to him apartment and just stay holed in there. 

Geto could here Satoru's footsteps go away from him. He chuckled to himself. He knew that either him or Satoru would have died one day and that Satoru would never kill him, even if he had to die, but he couldn't deny if he asked for it. It still felt surreal that he was going to die, but nonetheless their fate wanted this to happen. He was satiated having Satoru by his side during his last moments.

Gojo, however was devastated at the fact that just a few moments ago he killed his one and only, right in front of where all those sweet and happy memories of his high school years were. He felt nothing and everything at the same time. He needed a break so desparately.

Gojo and his students returned to normal and Gojo took a week off. His students knew that something was off but chose to ignore it. Shoko paid Gojo a visit to check up on him. She knew both of them on the back of her hand to know that Gojo was mourning and would be in pretty bad shape.

A soulless 'Hi' came as a greeting, not even an effort on his usual arrogant and annoying personality. She nodded and took a seat on the couch. Gojo sat down on the other side, sinking in the couch. He didn't have his blindfold on and his eyes were puffy and red from crying. Shoko started saying, "So...what are you planning to do now, that-" but was cut off bitterly by Gojo, "Suguru's dead? I guess continue being a puppet under the higher-ups and teaching. What else can I do anyways."

Shoko glanced at him as he faced down, not having enough strength to look up from the floor. He felt as an utter failure. Being the strongest meant nothing to him. He wasn't able to save his Suguru; not now, not all those years ago. Shoko let out a sigh. She was hurt too, but all her emotions had died long ago. A person looking at her may even mistake here for a zombie. Her smoking addiction only made it worse.

They both did not have much to say. Just small attempts to console the other were made and life moved on like nothing had happened for others, until the day he were to encounter his Suguru's body being controlled.

-----------------------------------------

All right! So that's the first chapter and I would love to know your views and ideas via comments. I am planning this story to atleast have 50 chapters minimum since I have a little too big plot in mind. Hope you all enjoy and bear with my slow updates!