Ch-3 You're not Geto Suguru

"The thought of you,
is consuming me."

-----------------------------------------------------
The above vid is just so good 😭😭. Anyways, back to the story~

(CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS!!)
-----------------------------------------------------

The coming days were the same. The students went on missions, sometimes Gojo escorted them and he did some missions of his own. He had done pretty well till now to forget about Suguru in one of those far corners of his mind, although it will still sometimes stumble over in his thoughts.

However, one day, it all changed. While he was dealing with the curses in Shibuya, an unmistakably familiar voice rang through his ears, "Yo! Satoru." as he froze on the spot. It was no doubt Geto's voice, his Suguru's voice.

But, it lacked everything that made it his. It lacked the way Gojo's name would so easily roll of his tongue, the sweetness, the tenderness, the emotion. everything.

All those memories that were placed on that shelf flooded his mind. He could feel his lips part and curve into a faint smile. He knew it was not possible for his one and only to come back from the dead.

Even after knowing all this, he let himself be consumed by those oh so lovely memories which were his only moments of true happiness in this petty world.

He considered the fact of him being an impostor, but his six eyes told him that in fact it really was him. But he knew deep down that it couldn't be him. His Suguru could never say his name in such a foreign way. He felt himself being caught up from behind and that's when he finally spoke up, "My six eyes tell me it's you, but my soul knows otherwise!" 

The other person only looked amused as he said, "Oh, you could tell?" as he proceeded to open up the thread on his head.

A brain sat inside Geto's head as his face turned into a crooked smile as Gojo could only stare. He put it back and said quite happy with the whole situation, "Good Night Gojo Satoru. We will meet again in a new world." Gojo's mind was in a frenzy of thoughts on how it all turned it out this way. It hurt, it hurt so much. He felt like he was drowning as his eyes went blank. 

He knew what he had to do. He had been captured and there probably was no expecting a way to weasel out. He had to make Suguru take over his body. He knew it wasn't quite possible, but he had to rely on Suguru's body's reflexes. He put on his usual grin as he looked up at the stranger to him, "I will! It's about time you shall wake up. How long will you let others manipulate you, Suguru."

He looked expectantly waiting for a reaction, anything to get out of Suguru's body. His mind swirled with thoughts of how maybe, in the end, he meant nothing to Geto, nothing to his one and only best friend. He saw Geto's hand twitch and then reach to his neck to strangle and as an attempt to stop whoever was controlling his body.

Gojo smiled internally. Suguru had reacted although it wasn't enough, but he felt satisfied that even after death, Suguru's body remembered him. He was overcome with happiness in this grim situation. The curses were talking about something but he didn't care.

He thought of it as a much deserved break. He saw Geto's body turn towards him with a malicious smile as he felt himself being enveloped within the realm. He could only stare at Geto with widened eyes with thoughts of his blue spring.

He didn't know how much time had passed. His days in the prison realm were spent reminiscing memories and talking to himself and how to get back at Kenjaku. His blood boiled at the thought of his best friend's body being used as a host. He made up his mind that the first thing he would do after getting unsealed would be to deal with him.

He wanted his Suguru to have a peaceful death where he isn't troubled by this world anymore, the world in which he couldn't even smile from his heart. He thought of ways here and there as time passed on.

⋆。‧₊°༺𓆩❦︎𓆪༻‧₊°. 。⋆

Gojo had finally been unsealed by his students. He wasted no time and teleported to where Kenjaku was. He had a smug grin on as he proceeded to give a warning that he would end him on December 24th. He didn't want Suguru to have two death anniversaries.

"How romantic" was what Kenjaku replied with. Gojo got confused but soon realized what he meant. 24th December is considered a romantic day by the people.

He never paid much attention to these festivities after his high school years. He felt there was no reason to do so after everything that happened. He just ignored it and teleported back, to work on his resolve.

⋆。‧₊°༺𓆩❦︎𓆪༻‧₊°. 。⋆

Gojo was certain that this would be how he would die. He had just been split in half by Sukuna as he laid there on the floor. He should be angry, enraged and filled with a hunger for revenge but all he does feel is happiness. Strangely, he is satisfied with his own death.

His mind was blank as a dream that seemed too vivid made way to his mind. "Hey" came the calm voice of Geto as he sat on one of the airport seats. Gojo felt himself swelling with too many emotions. He probably has died and is in the afterlife. Or maybe, all this is just a dream. He didn't mind it if it was. He just wanted to talk to Suguru, even if he is real or not. 

"Blegh" he replied, just like he would do in the old days. He just wanted to have a heartfelt conversation with Suguru. He decided to proceed with the conversation how he would do during his young days. "I always told my students that you are alone when you die. This sucks!" making a stupid expression.

Suguru only chuckled at that. Gojo still didn't know if this was a dream or it was actually happening. He felt his heart flutter hearing him laugh like that. Atleast he was able to laugh wholeheartedly in his afterlife.

"So how was your fight with the King of curses?" Suguru asked turning to face Gojo as he supported his face with his hand. "He was insanely strong! But I am atleast glad that I didn't die of old age or some random disease." Gojo replied dramatically flailing his arms to tell about Sukuna's strength.

He turned to face Geto with a wide grin as they both just appreciated the presence and company of the other. Gojo smiled at him as he started softly, "But I have one disappointment" as he faced downards, "That you weren't there to cheer me on, send me to the fight with a pat on the back and stay by my side."

Suguru's eyes widened a little as he closed to them to chuckle. "It couldn't be helped Satoru. None of it could be helped."

Gojo then noticed that in the seats behind them, Nanami and Haibara were sitting.

Gojo turned to them as he kept his cocky grin, "So how do you feel about your demise Nanami?" Nanami only hummed as went on with his usual serious tone, but with a tinge of happiness in it, "I would say pretty ironic, but Haibara was there so it was good enough for me." as Haibara only giggled at it.

The four of them chatted away like their highschool days. The airport announcement played in the background like soft music.

Gojo spotted Yaga and called out to him, "Hey, Chairman! How're ya doing? You said that jujutsu sorcerers die without regrets but that was just a loooad of bullcrap!" to which the latter only grumbled. He saw Riko and Nabara too, enjoying their time at this airport.

Now he wished this wasn't a dream. He wanted all this to be real.

---------------------

So, I hope you guys liked the story till here! Also, I won't be able to update for two to three weeks since I have very important exams (it's killing me). They basically decide my career but I'm so scared that I'm not even able to study 😭😭.

See you guys in the next chap~

1414 words