New Bed

Brianna Pov

"Wow, Luna! Look at your new bed!" I exclaimed to the little girl who was standing besides me as Preston put on the new bed sheets together, she now 24 months and we decided that it was time to switch from crib to a real bed.

"It's a big girl bed Mama!" She happily said, and i nodded at her.

"Yes it is baby, are you excited to sleep tonight?" I asked and she nodded but I knew it was going to take some time for her to get used to it.

--

"Good night moon, love you" Preston whispered to her as she sleep in his arms and carried her up the stairs.

I placed her on the bed and placed another pillow so she wouldn't fall on her first night.

I pulled the covers and kisses her head.

"Goodnight moon, I love you" I said and pats her gently before leaving the room quietly but before that I turned on the little night light and went downstairs to see Preston snacking on some chips.

I put my body on his and leaned in his chest.

"I love you" He mumbles.

"I love you too, so what are we watching?" I asked

--

3 hours later

As we get ready for bed we heard Luna yell.

"DADDY!" She cried from her room making us jolt

"Luna's shouting you" I said and and he shook his head and rolled out.

He was gone for about 15 minutes and when he finally returned,

"She said she scared she's gonna fall out." He whispered and I nodded,

--

I woke up hours later it's almost 7:30 am and Preston's sleeping soundly besides me and I got out of bed to check on her,

I walked through the hallway and entered Luna's room.

"Mama?" She asked as she sat up and smiled.

"Hello baby. Did you sleep good?" I asked.

"Yesh Mama, monsters under bed but Dada made go away" she smiled as I lift her up.

"Thay good, you're becoming such a big girl" I said as we walked out and went in our room.

"Luna a big girl" she shouted.

"Yes baby, you're a big girl" I say as I lay her down next to her dad.

378 words