Chapter 33

Chapter 33

⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

"It appears that he suffered a panic attack." The doctor explained to Lee Ju Hun after the incident, "Given the fact that there were no pre-existing issues on the electrocardiogram, it seems to be psychogenic. I recommend that he is referred to a psychologist if this is a common occurrence for him."

After making sure that both Im Ju Gyeong and Kyung Soon were okay, Han Seo Jun left them alone together in Su Ho's room. He sighed and turned his head away as he listened to what the doctor told his friend's father.

The doctor left and Lee Ju Hun sat down, burying his face in one of his hands.

Seo Jun walked over and sat down next to him. It took all of his courage but after a short moment he spoke, "I knew he was a frustrated guy, but I didn't know he was suppressing it to the point of making him sick!" He glanced at Ju Hun before continuing, "I don't think he'll tell you himself. Leo is Lee Su Ho."

Lee Ju Hun snapped his head toward the teen beside him. "What?" Leo was his son? There was no way...

Seo Jun sighed, starting to get annoyed, "Can't you tell just by going to his house?" He turned to look at the older gentleman, "Are you guys really father and son?!" Ju Hun looked away, but that didn't stop Seo Jun from continuing, "When he was composing music with Se Yeon, do you know how happy he was?"

Kyung Soon sat next to Ju Gyeong, leaning on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her friend. How come something so scary for everyone had to happen right as things got better? Was it a sign that from now on things were going to get worse? Was this just the tip of the iceberg?

Kyung Soon looked at her friend, all of her focus on Su Ho, as if something bad would happen again the moment she took her eyes off of him.

"Ju Gyeong-Ah..."

"Hmm?" Her friend acknowledged without moving her gaze.

"Do you want to stay the night tonight?"

Ju Gyeong looked at her friend and nodded tears running down her cheeks.

"Aw, Ju-ah..." Kyung Soon hugged her friend and she immediately broke down crying.

"I was so scared..." She sobbed, "I felt so powerless, I couldn't do anything to help him... I didn't know what to do..."

Kyung Soon gently rubbed her back, "It's okay... he's okay now... you don't have to pretend to be okay Ju Gyeong, I know it was scary..."

Ju Gyeong lifted her head, "What if it happens again but next time we can't do anything about it...?"

"Hey..." Kyung Soon wiped her friend's tears away and held her face in her hands, "No 'what if's. What's important right now is that Su Ho is okay... we just need to be there for him so he knows he's not alone..."

Her friend sniffled.

"You can do that, can't you?"

Ju Gyeong nodded and hugged her friend again.

Han Seo Jun walked back to his room. He wanted to sleep, to make sure that Ju Gyeong and Kyung Soon were feeling okay after the events of the day. He reached to open the door but stopped as he saw the two girls hugging through the window in the door. It looked like Ju Gyeong was crying. Seo Jun had to imagine that, besides Su Ho, today was probably the toughest on her.

Things had been going so well... what did any of them do to deserve that to come crashing down?

Seo Jun focused back on the two girls inside the hospital room. He watched as Kyung Soon hugged her friend and rocked them both back and forth. He couldn't help but smile. She deserves the world... After all the crap she'd been through, he knew she probably was also shaken by Su Ho's panic attack, and yet, she knew that Ju Gyeong needed her more than anything right now. ...And I'll give it to her even if I spend my whole life doing it.