Chapter 42

Within the underworld Y/n is defending a small city of devils from a large army of heavily armored and heavily weaponized fallen angels and brainwashed devils. He uses his fists to bash the devils aside and mainly focuses on killing the fallen angels. Enduring many wounds from various light spears and holy weapons Y/n cuts apart the fallen angels with his claws and non lethally attacks the devils.

Y/n/mind: 'Why am I doing this? I hate the devils they have caused me nothing but pain. And yet I can't forget Yubelluna's smile, I can't forget that little girls cries of sadness but most of all I can't forget what I did to Zeoticus. Was I wrong? Was it the right to kill him?'

Hundreds upon hundreds of fallen angels are slaughtered by Y/n and many devil soldiers that have been brainwashed are immobilized and knocked out cold. However he is forced to fight through the pain of light spears, gashes, slices, wounds and arrows that inflict pain on his body. Eventually the fallen angels and their brainwashed soldiers retreat with only a handful of captives.

Y/n: "No get back here you...*cough* bastards!"

Y/n falls down to one knee and lets out multiple coughs of blood mixed with saliva the other devil citizens and city soldiers let out cries of relief and triumph.

???: "Yeah that's right get out of here!"

???: "Victory!"

???: "Were saved."

Y/n/mind: 'I'm all out of magic...I used it all up in order to fend off the main assault of the army...I can't heal myself.'

Suddenly a portal opens and Vali steps through it fully suited in his balance breaker he turns towards Y/n who glares at him in annoyance.

Vali: "Hehehe...this is perfect whatever happened just now gave me an advantage. Now I can capture you without much of a struggle."

Y/n: "Fucking...*cough* asshole."

Before Vali could approach dozens upon dozens of devil soldiers surround Y/n and block Vali's path.

Vali: "Stand aside I wouldn't want to hurt any of you now would I?"

???: "We can't let you do that this man here has been saving thousands of lives the past several weeks by defending the many cities, towns and villages that were raided."

???: "If you want him you'll have to get through us!"

The guards all tighten their formation and hold out their weapons towards Vali who lets out a grunt.

Y/n: "Hey you white armored asshole you said I poisoned Kuroka right? Well take this and get her fixed."

Y/n tosses a vial of green liquid towards Vali who catches it in his gauntlet.

Vali: "And what's this supposed to be?"

Before Y/n could answer he collapses from blood loss losing consciousness completely.

???: "Someone get a healer!"

One of the devil guards demands but then Vali speeds towards them and bashes them all aside before he lifts Y/n over his shoulder.

Vali: "There's no need he's coming with me."

With that Vali steps through a portal and finds himself standing in a grassy field on what seems to be a farm. Up ahead is a large but old manor where Arthur and Bikou are standing.

Bikou: "So you finally captured him did you?"

Arthur: "I guess now we can go collect our payment."

Vali: "No...we'll be keeping this little brat for ourselves."