Chapter 8

Everything that was in the room was just for me which was unbelievable. There was no other reason for anybody else to enter this room. It was solely mine. And there was no need for me to worry about any other soul coming in without me knowing. Everything was under my control. My own room, my own escape routes, and my own personal secret passages. Now I was truly free. For no creature shall enter, unless I allowed it.

The Ink Demon left me for the night, leaving me to rest. Everything he had said, about this room being solely to me, was completely true. Nobody else would have access to this room, unless I allowed it myself. Nobody would know if I wanted to sneak out. This room was mine, and it was the safest place possible. And there was absolutely no reason to worry about this space, as it was completely and entirely mine. For me, and nobody else.

This whole excitement and surprises, including the training made me exhausted. I took off my shoes and my hoodie, and laid in my new bed. I fell asleep quickly.

...

The Dark Puddles' POV:

We were watching them the whole time. Something knew must happen. The Ink Demon waited outside of their room for an hour, watching over them. And we thought we were creepy watching the demon's next move 24/7. Once he verified that (Y/N) is completely and utterly asleep, he silently made an ink portal, allowing him to enter (Y/N)'s room.

He walked over to their bed, and covered them with a blanket. And then, he walked out of the room, and left them to have a good rest. And thus, now (Y/N) laid asleep in their bed, fully covered in blankets. Their own room, to lie and rest in, excluding the demon. Don't ya think it's kinda unfair?

But... they were in safe hands now. Nothing and nobody to worry about… it was safe here. Or so would they think.

At midnight, guess what, the Ink Demon decided to return to her room to check in on her. He saw that they are sleeping peacefully. The demon decided to cover them with an extra blanket, to ensure that they are kept warm and comfortable.

He smiled brighter as he covered the ink apprentice, watching over them protectively. He then quietly left the room, closing the portal again, and headed back to his own lair, in search of sleep. He was quite protective of his new apprentice.

That... could be an advantage for us.

...

The next morning, the Ink Demon woke up early. He got ready, and waited for me to wake up. That's what I remember. He waited outside of the door, patiently, while he waited for me to awaken. It appeared that he wished to begin my training as early as possible. He was determined to make sure that I was ready for whatever happens next.

That was very nice... still... I had a feeling he sometimes didn't sleep that night.

It was then that I woke up, noticing the extra blankets around me. I had a dream of him covering me with two of them. Was that really a dream? I could imagine this as a power to sleep but be aware of my surrounding. Plus... I didn't feel tried at all.

The Ink Demon entered my room through his ink portal so that I didn't had to unlock the door and he walked over to my bed, checking in upon me. He had a smile on his face as always, as he watched over me. It seemed as if he was glad that the ink that was once dominating my body has been expelled. That was also the moment I noticed it.

Yes. My body was still out of ink so I could be able to use my ink powers. But my body had now the color of flesh. No ink on the outside. To take on my clothes even in the ink form was a really good decision then. I looked up at him.

"Goodmorning, Sir. I see you have made an ink portal to my room even though it'sonly mine."

"Ah yes. You see... an apprentice like you under my wing requires a bit of extra attention. And for extra safety precautions, I do not need keys. I can enter every room within the Cycle through my portals, including yours. I apologize that I have trespassed into your room at midnight, or whenever you slept. But I just felt the need to check in on you. Make sure you were safe and comfortable. Do you feel rested?"

I nodded. But a question that... was pretty easy to answer came into my mind. I wanted to ask it anyway.

"I do feel rested. Thank you for asking. By the way... do you care for me? Like seriously."

"Of course my apprentice. You are now under the wing of I, The Ink Demon. It is my responsibility to ensure that you are well maintained, and your safety is secure. You are under my care and protection. I care for you greatly, and I wish for you to be in good hands.", he answered without hesitation.

"So... it was really you who entered the room and covered me with extra blankets."

I smiled at him. Wow... so it was a power.

"Thank you. It's such a nice gesture and thought of yours."

Though I wasn't fully sure about that.

"You are most welcome. I do not want my apprentice being cold or uncomfortable. Now... please, get ready for your first ink training session. I shall begin to teach you the basics of ink manipulation. Come, let us go.", he said while he extended a hand for me to take.

So there was more about the manipulation of ink. Maybe I could learn it and use it without losing so much power and losing balance like last time. He extended a hand for me to take. But then I thought about one thing. Food.

"You don't need breakfast?"

"My apprentice, I do not require things such as food, sleep, or even air to function. I am a being of ink. I have not eaten anything for years, not slept for years, and I have survived perfectly fine. So, no, apprentice the Ink Demon does not require food. Now, come along. It is time to begin your very first ink training session."

He noticed me being hungry. Probably my blood making me able to be hungry. The Ink Demon gave me a sandwich he got from the Little Devil Lounge so I had strength.

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it."

I took his hand and followed him.