A Noble Goal

|THE ANGEL|

-Year 827

-Day one of processing and training for the 99th Cadet training corps

-18years before the fall of wall Maria

Y/n POV:

Compassion, hope, determination, and just simple good. These were words that humanity had long long forgotten ever since the titans had cornered them into these walls. Words that you would give anything to have humanity reacquainted with them, but for now the military would do as it was the only real job you could get that could truly make a difference. At only 12 years old you enlisted against the wishes of both of your parents, who were without a doubt truly kind and loving people.

As crazy as it sounds your life was actually decent before you joined, you grew up in Stohess district having many different luxuries and privileges given to you from birth. Your parents were both aristocrats though your mother grew up as an experienced nurse before marrying your father. Despite their highborn lives were extremely humble, and while still strongly disagreeing with your choice would support you in any way they could. So why give up this life? A life of safety and hope that most in the outer walls were willing to DIE for? Because you wanted to help, not make just make a difference but genuinely save lives.

Growing up you learned what you could from your mother about the human body and modern medicine, she even promised to send you letters, books and journals of hers to aid you in becoming the military most experienced combat medic. This world is cruel, but in your mind you genuinely believed that with enough work you could at least force it to be a bit less so for others-

Recruit:what a load of horse shit!

Cutting back to reality you quickly had your face shoved in the dirt which was quickly followed by a parade of laughter, you were sitting just outside the recruitment office and it case it wasn't obvious already a few of your fellow recruits did NOT take kindly to your story, nor did most whenever they heard you were from Stohess district. Just a spoiled brat who doesn't know how the real world works.

Y/n:it's all true! Just cause it seems hard doesn't mean you gotta drag me through the dirt!

You shoved him off and dusted off your expensive clothes.

Y/n:figuratively speaking...

Recruit:god even his accent pisses me off!

One recruit, a boy with long dark hair that went to his shoulders seemed genuinely frustrated with you the most. His attire suggested that he was from the outermost wall, chances are one of the lower class districts but you couldn't quite tell which just yet.

Boy:but hey if you're so desperate to get away from the good life I'm more than happy to take your spot.

Y/n:not how it works but sure.

Despite what just happened you couldn't blame him for his attitude. Most of your aristocratic counterparts weren't exactly seen as 'humble'.

???:ATTENTION!!!

A sharp metal whistle was blown which caught your attention as well as the other 120 other cadets.

???:I want four columns of thirty in the next twenty five seconds cadets!!!

The grizzled man's voice boomed, he had red hair and a handlebar mustache that went down to his chin. Unfortunately most of the other cadets looked around confused.