Giants and Doves

|THE CADET|

Life with Arthur wasn't exactly easy keeping the house and front patio clean was a nightmare on its own. For someone who was gone for months on end with the scouts he managed to make things remarkably messy, when he wasn't there Rico would occasionally stop by to check on you. Sometimes for a day, sometimes three it mostly depended on the week she was having.

Despite that your relationship with both of them grew substantially, even though you were just a kid you would find yourself listening to them rant about the people they worked with or a job they were assigned. As the weeks turned into months and months to years you considered both of them to be family and as Arthur predicted you and Rico were inseparable whenever she was around. Though you had to admit the way the three of you showed affection was unique, what seemed like a bland and emotionless conversation to others was a deep and personal conversation to the three of you.

As far as your social life was concerned, though you didn't have much time to go to any sort of school you still managed to make a couple of friends. Friends that you were on your way to visit right now.

Boy:get him!

leaving your home you noticed a small boy with short blonde hair being chased by three much larger boys. The four of them ran right past you causing you to raise an eyebrow before shrugging. You'd heard of that boy, his friends would most likely help him out.

Y/n:nothing I can do for him.

???:hey Y/n!

Across the street an abnormally large boy with a buzz cut, brown eyes and a small scar on the left side of his chin approached you. Any would be bullies of your quickly scurried away at the mere sight of him. He placed down a crate he was carrying while waving to an old man.

Y/n:god Liam, what are your parents feeding you?

Liam:My dad says if I get any bigger I won't even need ODM gear to kill a titan!

The two of you laughed before walking towards the market street.

Y/n:wheres Grace?

Liam:where do you think? Hate having to go and get her...

Y/n:oh quit your whining you love her families soup. Besides after seeing you help that old man im guessing you're in a good mood.

Graces family stand was creative, many people in shinganshina simply didn't have the time to cook lunch or stop by a restaurant due to their jobs. So instead they made a system where people could buy and eat a bowl of soup in less than ten minutes, very profitable and VERY stressful.

Y/n:looks like todays no exception. I don't even know if we can even fit through that crowd

Liam:Like hell we can't! RAAAAAH!!!

Liam charged through the crowd shoving them aside and forcing his way to the front, you sprint through the brief whole he made in the crowd and made your way to the stand.

Man:HEY!

Man2:watch it kid!

woman:you can't just cut!

Grace:dangit Liam! You can't just head butt your way up here!

a very small girl with short curly red hair, blue eyes and freckles across her face popped up from behind the stand.

Y/n:come on grace! You stay here any longer you'll get squashed.

Grace:I'll squash both of you if you two keep-

Her mother touched her shoulder before she could finish that sentence and told her it was ok if she went with you and Liam. She protested for awhile but after some more convincing from her father she gave in and decided to go with you both. Squeezing out of the crowd you and Liam breathed a sigh of relief while Grace practically collapsed on a nearby bench.