𝐒𝟏 ~ 𝟎𝟎𝟏

𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏

"𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 ."

𝒯ℋℐℛ𝒟 𝒫ℰℛ𝒮𝒪𝒩 𝒫𝒪𝒱.

𝐎𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟗, 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲.
𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐝 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐬, 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐫, 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐭, 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐝, 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞. 𝐇𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦. 𝐇𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬. 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫.

"𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐭?"

𝐇𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦.

𝐀 𝐬𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫.....

She couldn't remember all of the events that occurred before her accident, nor what happened during it. However, she had a weird feeling that things were about to change. If only she knew. Grace walks into the infirmary humming a simple tune from a simpler time. She came to do her daily check-in on the poor girl, the only one in the room who's also on the only hospital bed in the room. Ever since the other children had left to live their lives, Grace's only functions were to take care of the only people in the house left; Pogo, Sir. Hargreeves, and Of course number Eight, clean the Manor, and attend to any other tasks that were given to her.

"Oh dear, you're finally awake!" She expressed excitement as she takes the young-looking girl's vitals.

"Hey, what's going on?" She says looking around at her surroundings, her vision and brain not being able to focus as she was still in a fuzzy state from being asleep for a very long time.

"Well right now I am taking your vitals, making sure everything's okay. Just stay still so I can finish as quickly as possible."

Eight was not looking at her robotic mother, but by her voice alone she could tell the woman was smiling. She nodded in response, closing her eyes, just trying to remember as much as possible to be able to piece something, anything together. As she was stuck in deep focus, familiar voices caught her attention.