1

Affan flutter his eyes open. He said the Dua and scramble out of bed.
He slipped his legs into the flip-flop shoe beside his bed.
He walk to his bathroom perform ablution and Saunter out of the bathroom.

Affan never missed time for his five daily Salah.
He woke up immediately he heard the Adhan.
Affan doesn't need a walking stick to guide him everywhere in his room and in the house.
He grew up blind.
Affan could only hear the voices of his family but couldn't tell what they looked like.

He Saunters out of his bedroom and take the route to his siblings' room to wake them up.
Waking his Younger ones up has become Affan's routine.
He love his siblings so much.
Affan rub the door when his hand touch the doorknob, he twist it and enter Amaan's room.

Amaan, wake up it's time for Subhi prayer.
Amaan, You are not a child but I will always wake you up every morning to pray.
Affan tap Amaan.
Affan, what is wrong with you? Why are you disturbing me? Why? Leave me alone blind man. Amaan spat.

Affan shook his head.
He has gotten used to that. Amaan hate him like his mother do.
Amaan, I'm Your brother and the eldest son.
I must ensure my Younger ones all wake up to worship Allah.
Amaan scoffed.

Your duty. What can a blind man do? What do you know? Can you see me? Can you see anything? Affan, please leave my room.
It disgust me to see you around me.
Amaan spat and pushed Affan.
Affan staggered but was quick to hold Amaan.
Ya, Rabb! Drama every day. Affan let go of my hand. If you need support You should get a walking stick.

Amaan Yank Affan's hand off his arm.
You can say whatever you like. I'm glad I woke you up. You won't sleep again.
See You in the masjid. Affan smile and Saunter out of  Amaan's bedroom.

He walk to Adnan's bedroom.
Ya Affan. Please stop stressing Yourself every morning to wake us up. Adnan hold Affan's hand.
I'm Your brother and it's my duty to always wake you up every morning.
If Abbah is alive he will do this. I promise Abbah to take care of my siblings. Let's go to the masjid.

Adnan shook his head and take his brother out.
They walk to the masjid.
Adnan, please lead the prayer. Affan push Adnan forward.
Ya Affan, You are the eldest and the one who always lead. If you ain't strong enough to lead today. Amaan should lead. Adnan suggest.

I don't know why Abbah chose a blind man to lead the prayer.
Guys if you are not ready to lead the prayer, I will leave the masjid.
Amaan, You shouldn't...
Affan stops Adnan from talking further. He step forward and lead the prayer.

Adnan, why do you always hold my hand? I am blind but I can see everywhere in the house. My heart is not blind. My heart leads me everywhere in the house.
Ya Affan, I can't let you walk alone. I always feel like you will fall if you don't have support from a person that will show you the way.

Ya Affan, why did Ummi refuse to pay the bill for the surgery?
Ya Affan It break my heart seeing you in this condition and I can't help.
Affan smiled.
Let's go to Ummi's room and greet her.
Adnan Humm.
They walk to Hajiya Hafsah's bedroom.

Ummi good morning. Amaan greeted.
My Son, how are you? I hope you had a wonderful night rest.
Adnan and you? Yes, Ummi Adnan mumbled.
Ummi, good morning. Ummi You didn't ask if I slept well.
Amaan burst into a fit of laughter. Hajiya Hafsah joined him.
Affan felt a pang in his heart.