5

Khadijah keep turning on her bed. She couldn't find solace in her sleep Since she had a conversation with Affan. Khadijah flutter her eyes open. She scramble out of bed and walk to her bathroom to perform ablution.
She finish praying and pray for Affan.

Khadijah stand up and folded the prayer mat take it to the closest.
She take off her Hijab and saunter out of her bedroom.
She take a long stride to the living room.
Dije, Alhaji Abdulmajid called.
He hoist his head and adjust the spectacle at the brim of his nose.
He glance at Khadijah through his concave lens as she lazily walk to him and sit beside him on the floor.

Good morning Abbah. Khadijah greeted.
Dije how are you? I hope you had a great night rest. Alhaji Abdulmajid asked.
Yes, Abbah.
Abbah I will not go the the company today I want to visit a friend. Khadijah let out.

Alhaji Abdulmajid chuckle. He is grateful to the Lord for blessing him with a calm, respectful and intelligent child.
All his friends are surprised. They thought Khadijah would be a spoiled child since she is the only child he has but she always prove them wrong.
What amuse Alhaji Abdulmajid about Khadijah is that she treated everyone equally both the poor and the rich.

Dije it's Your company and you decide what you want to do. Alhaji Abdulmajid muttered.
Yes Abbah but without you and your blessings I will not succeed in my business.
Thank you Abbah. May Allah reward you abundantly. Khadijah prayed.
Ameen. Alhaji Abdulmajid muttered.
Khadijah stand up and march towards the kitchen.
She twist the doorknob and walk in.

Najah pivot her gaze to Khadijah.
Good morning mummy Najah. Khadijah greet her father's wife. Her mother died when she was 16 year old.
Deejah, how are you? Najah enquire.
I'm fine. Khadijah muttered.
Mummy Najah I can prepare breakfast please stop stressing Yourself. Khadijah stretch her hand to take the knife from her.
No thank you.
Your Dad refused to hire a maid. Najah muttered.
Khadijah Humm.

She walk to the sink turned on the faucet and started washing the used plates.
She rinsed them and placed them on the plate rack.
Khadijah take the food flask and cups to the dining.
She arrange them on the table.
Alhaji Abdulmajid join them in the dining.

Dije, are you alright? You ain't eating. Is something bothering you? You can discuss it with me or your mother. We are always there for you. Alhaji Abdulmajid asked with a raised brow.
I'm fine. Khadijah muttered.
Ya Rabb! I wish I could help Affan. I will try my luck. Khadijah muttered inwardly.

************

Affan listen to Maryam and Sadiq's recitation.
He made corrections were necessary.
Khadijah reach Affan's house, she drive inside the house.
Is that Adnan or Amaan? Affan ask his students.
No, it's a lady. Sadiq muttered.
A lady? Affan asked.

Khadijah walk to them.
Assalamualaikum, Khadijah muttered.
Wa alaikum salam. Khadijah. Affan called.
You know it's me. Khadijah muttered surprisingly.
Affan chuckle.
Khadijah, you didn't inform me you are coming.
Maryam, Sadiq you two can go home we will continue tomorrow. Affan muttered.

Okay. They chores.
Khadijah sit on the chair.
I am upset with you. Why didn't you inform me you will visit me? I would have prepare breakfast for you. Affan muttered feigning to be angry.
Khadijah Chuckle.
I am sorry, how are you? I hope you had a great night rest. Khadijah ask.
Yes, Alhamdulillah. Affan muttered.