That Butler Pleasing His Pop

The butler of the Phantomhive household paced around the kitchen looking for anything to polish or dust off. The young lord was taking a nap at the moment, so Sebastian had nothing to do but to go around and clean. He looked out the window on the wall next to him and sighed. Just as he was about to leave to find something else to do, a letter flew through the crack in the window.

Sebastian retrieved the letter from the ground. It was slightly yellowed, with burnt edges, presumably from fire. The clad man unrolled the parchment and read it over in his head.

'Dear Sebastian ~

How are you doing up there, son? I just heard about your new name! That brat really screwed you over didn't he? Sebastian... What a name. You sound like a nerd. Ha! Well, I sure hope you're preparing that kid's soul, and you're doing it right. Easy on the stress, champ. You're hair is going to start to fall out if you get yourself worked up so much! Are you keeping the satanic name up? You probably aren't with a nerd name like that. But seriously, son, I need you to do something. Our whole patriarchy is relying on this! I want you to get a partner, son. How are we supposed to continue this if you don't get a partner? How about that Grell girl? She seems very nice. I do understand she is a shinigami, but I know you're pretty close to her already.

Please do this for me, son. I'm counting on you!
XOXO,
Dad

P.S. ~ I hope you cut those goofy side pieces that are part of your hair. You look dumb. Just kidding! Love you son!'

Sebastian sighed and rolled his eyes. His own father, Satan himself, wanted him to get a partner. And to suggest Grell? This man is absurd.

However, the last thing Sebastian would do is upset his father. He would have to do what he was told. Maybe, if he was lucky, Ciel would give him a break to do his father's bidding.

Sebastian stuffed the paper into his tailcoat pocket as he heard a bell ring from upstairs in Ciel's room. Sebastian brushed himself off and headed upstairs. It was now or never. He was going to ask for a break.