Log #01

Prof. Firmin, 27/01/24. #1

I don't know why Mr. Dyle singed me up for this specific job. He seemed really adamant that it was me to do it. He just ringed me up on day and said to come to his office. I asked him what was wrong, but he just thanked me for arriving quickly and shoved a pile of manuscripts in my hands. I came into the office and skimmed through the titles of them, the large space at the top of every musty paper was just a stamped number and series of letters. That's usually how it is, I always see others stacked on desks or tucked away in a folder in the bottom shelf of my desk that I rarely touch. Filled with papers from the previous occupant of my cubicle. I vaguely remember sifting through them one morning because I was curious, and finding it scattered with a handful of sticky-notes that said things like. It could be anybody else, why me, why did he choose me? Or I can't fucking do this anymore. Creepy, right? I don't know what happened to him. Probably quit. He seemed to be losing his grip. 

Oh wait. I just realized I maybe shouldn't write this in a log for work, I never checked if I was allowed to go through old folders... It'll be fine, no one will bother to read through this anyway.

Oh my god. This is a log. For work. And I'm rambling in it like a 12-year-old girl! I got to get a grip now. 

Right. So, back to what I was saying. While I was looking through the papers, I found a typed-out letter from Mr. Dyle (I am assuming it's him because it never had a name. God. Why does everything here have to be so mysterious around here!?) The letter said: 

These are the rewritten manuscripts of the 81 diary entries of Ilsa Crescentia. A princess of a small city that was named Owelmia. She went missing at 14 years of age and was never seen again. She had a suspicious past and everything that led up to her untimely disappearance was abnormal.  All of the following text has been kept exactly the same way it was found (spelling, names, dates... etc.) NOTE: The documents you are looking at are only entries 5-13, 21-23, and 56-81. 

So, a quick debrief for all my non-historians: Oh, who am I kidding, for the people that didn't feel like reading that, basically, I have to go through someone's diary entries and see what/ if something happened to them, study said persons behavior, yada, yada, yada.

I have to go send an email (to the bank because they won't freaking let me take any money out right now, isn't that your one job? Ugh, I know the answer to that but whatever.) I'll start log #02 by going through the first diary entry (5) later today/ tonight/ next week but I'm aiming for tonight. 

[End Log #01 27/01/24]