Log #03

Prof. Fermin, 30/01/24. #3

2nd diary entry (6):

April 9, 1757

           Mother informed me that my sister did indeed have a sickness as of yesterday evening. One that she would not admit was deathly. My sister is a princess aswell as me but she dose not deserve something gold can not buy away. I worry for her. her soul is pure, mother says, and we need more of that in this crule world. The final part is what she adds to my father when she presumes I am not lisening. Father told me in the early sun of this day that when it rises all will be well, but not when it rises to the eyes, when it rises far enough for the heavens to glance upon its beauty. i could only hope it reaches the heaven in time for my sister.                                                                         Mother Celine has just informed me that my sister is suffering from a seemingly more intense version of tuberculosis. In wich mother says is painful and the last thing our family needs is for our precious and untainted young to be affected by something so dark and disasturous as a disease. If there were anything for me to do I would act upon it. Although my age of 8, I am capable of doing what is right for someone precious. I must know if there is anything at all to help Marhaus, I will get father to contact the most prosperous, {a new word I begged mother to teach me to spell!} doctors from across Europe to come, though he may not listen. Father is stern, but fair. The kingdom will do what they can do and provide what they can provide for Marhaus, I depend on it.

Ok, there was a lot more information here than expected. My two days off really helped because I could feel my brain analyzing every bit of this. I got a slightly deeper understanding of Ilsa and her father's relationship. She seemed to respect him, and he seemed to not be too distant. his comment on the sun "rising to the heavens" may have proved that he did not dwell in his own worry and wanted to comfort her too. Ilsa seemed to get a larger view of the world from her castle than her parents wanted, because her mother had fessed up about her sister, and she added things to that prospect of society she shared with her daughter.

I am a little bit worried about Ilsa and the lengths she will go to for her sister. She seemed sweet and determined for her sister to be safe, but if I remember correctly there was something strange going on in these journal entries, and I am not sure if Ilsa will risk others security for that of her sisters.

So, now we have a diagnosis for Marhaus, (given to us from Mother Celine, kudos to her by the way,) which was specified to be pretty bad, at least for a baby. Actually, especially for a baby, tuberculosis must suck no matter the circumstances.

I have a little feeling that Ilsa is not quite the favorite child. Marhaus seems to be more adored by her parents than Ilsa, but probably because of her age. The sisters' parents do not seem to neglect either one of them, thankfully.

That is all I'll write today, but there will probably be quite a bit to talk about next log, given all the info here that I haven't even covered, and the things that I might be able to piece together with a bit more information on my hands.

[End Log #03 30/01/24]