a mother's love

A mothers love is always that what will rise and so you rose after the ritual that you and Yae Miko succeeded.

You were for certain that you'd feel old yet you still looked like you were in your early 20.

But still you rose what felt like a sea, a sea on clouds soft and not too cold. 'Maybe I'm dead?'

"Oh my darling you're not thinking that you're dead aren't you? My little Akane"

Your eyes widened this in front of you was your mother? "Mom?". Instead of replying she just opened her arms in which you wasted no time in running into.
"Mom!"

"Hush hush it's alright I'm here now"
"You're so pretty but what exactly are you and what am I?"

Laughing the woman before you replied "i am a full grown Kitsune and you are half kitsune half human. A kitsune lives a long almost ever lasting life if treated good"
Pointing towards herself she continued, "but as you see some of us went into Exil and some of us died and the rest, well they are hiding"

"I'm half kitsune? I don't have a tail or ears like you?"

"Yes you do, you just don't know how to bring them out. I gave you a wolf necklace the first time I gave you anything, it was for us to stay connected and still hiding you identify, and instead of transforming into a kitsune you did it with a wolf."

"Are you saying if I wanted to I could?"

Nodding the woman took you hand to a tree and gave you tea while leaning against a tree. She was disturbed by your aura somehow. Your mood was down. "What's wrong my little one?"

"I couldn't imagine how to do it and my mind is bothered by a man that I can't no longer be with even if I would be immortal. He's stuck on a contract for all his life. Is his life really worth living with?"

"You're asking me questions and it all depends in the heart you have. So yes you could. Secondly there's a man?"

'I might have just made my own grave in a dimension'

"My child even if you would be immortal still he's stuck in a contract you say?" You started to turn a bit red before looking down at your feet decided that sitting back was the better option for both of you.

"If you really loved him you would've never given up hope and lived forward to the day he would come to you, nevertheless of the contract. If he wouldn't then you're not worth it to his eyes. But let me tell you something you're worth more than a contract."

You just took it in this time allowing the tears to freely flow as your mother stood up and took you under her wing.

"You need to accept who you are"

As you stopped crying all that could be heard was your faint sobs as you sniffed the air and realized that your nose was never this sensitive.

Your mother realized you were back to your senses and also finally realizing in which domain of the dead you are.
"You're in the domain of the dead kitsune hall and everything in here might bring out that side of you if you wish to of course"

Moments flew by as your mother realized it was your time to go into the world of the living again.

"Do you know what to do with your future yet my darling?"

You temporarily stopped drinking your tea opening your eyes. "no mom I do not, I don't have any mora to start anything but traveling sounds nice"

"Don't forget you're not immortal anymore but might I make a suggestion?" Since you didn't make any sort of comment she continued. You could challenge the almighty shougun to a match, for mora, i might even help you, just for the fun since saiguu was my foster mom she would recognize your style, afterwards you could travel to the sumeru nation and study and settle down"

"How are you going to help me? I mean a friendly spar? Why not. But I don't see the point of you helping me at all?"

"Simple I give you my last power, it's not like we see each other again". This sentence made you cry again as you just listened to your mother trying to calm you down.
"Hush hush everything is fine alright" you nodded each time she said it.
"Everything is Fine you do you, we together challenge her and then you go to sumeru"

"Yes mom"

"But you also need to accept what you are and be proud for me"

Lupus much more like vulpes

"et lupus fiet vulpes
et vulpes fiet lupus"

The end

So I hope you enjoyed it even tho i kinda broke your heart in a simple way our trip is going to sumeru and hands down I got someone to x Oc with ;)

I had fun rewriting this over and over again and let my fantasy be a big player here and had a nice idea of two books same person but different details
As we aren't immortal anymore or maybe are we?
Who knows.
Keep it coming for the second book
And happy reading