05. Moral of the story

Context: Taylor and one of her friends, Amaya, go through a friendship breaker, while Travis is there for Taylor's comfort.
And yes, this is named after Moral of the Story by Ashe 💗

......
New Years Day, 2026
3rd Person POV
......

Taylor sits on her bed with her phone in hand.

Yesterday Taylor and Travis' new house, in Kansas City, they threw their annual New Year's Eve party. Taylor's friends, Blake, Ryan, Amaya—who is Taylor's newest friend, an actor— and more, while Travis had Jason and Kylie and some of his best buds.

While everybody else had a great time, Taylor and Amaya fought about Amaya's new pregnancy.

Amaya is pregnant, 4 months to be exact, and she hasn't announced it to the public yet, and with being at a party with too much alcohol, Amaya's anxiety went up.

Taylor—who clearly noticed this— told Amaya to go home if she wants, which with her pregnancy hormones, got mad.

Taylor: hey, I'm sorry I said that, but I'd rather have you home and not accidentally drinking something you shouldn't

Amaya: Well, you could've not said it like that. And now everyone who was at the party knows

Taylor: i'm sorry

And with that, Amaya left her on read.

One week later...

Taylor knocked on the door of Amaya's house, she could feel the tension in the air as Amaya opened the door.

Something had changed between them, but neither of them had addressed it yet.

"So, um, how's everything going?" Taylor asked, trying to break the awkward silence.

Amaya hesitated before responding, "It's fine, I guess. Just busy with work and stuff."

The conversation felt forced, the laughter that used to come so easily replaced by strained smiles. Taylor couldn't shake the feeling that something was off, but she didn't want to confront it head-on.

Later that day, Taylor found herself pouring her heart out to Travis, who had always been a great listener. As she recounted the strained conversation with Amaya, Travis could sense the pain in her voice.

"I just don't understand what happened, Travis. We used to be so close, and now it's like we're strangers," Taylor said, her eyes welling up with tears.

Travis put a comforting hand on her shoulder, offering a reassuring smile. "Friendships go through ups and downs, Tay. Maybe there's something bothering Amaya that she hasn't shared yet. Have you tried talking to her openly about it?"

Taylor nodded, wiping away a tear. "I just don't want to push her away even more. But it hurts, you know? Losing a friend feels like losing a piece of yourself."

Travis understood the pain all too well. "I get it, Tay. But sometimes, addressing the issue is the only way to salvage the friendship. And if it doesn't work out, at least you'll know you tried."

Encouraged by Travis's words, Taylor decided to have an honest conversation with Amaya. As the days went by, Travis remained a pillar of support for Taylor, offering a listening ear and words of wisdom.

In the end, the friendship between Taylor and Amaya faced its share of challenges, but Travis's unwavering support helped Taylor navigate the difficult times. Sometimes, it takes a true friend like Travis to help mend the pieces of a broken friendship.

As Taylor mustered the courage to talk to Amaya about their strained friendship, she invited her to lunch at their favorite spot. The atmosphere was tense, and Taylor took a deep breath before addressing the elephant in the room.

"Amaya, we need to talk, again." Taylor began, her voice steady but filled with concern.

Amaya looked up, her eyes reflecting a mixture of emotions. "What's there to talk about, Taylor? Things change, people change. It's life."

Taylor felt a knot tighten in her stomach. "But we were best friends. I don't want to lose you without understanding why."

Amaya hesitated, glancing down at her hands. "You wouldn't understand, Taylor. It's complicated."

As the conversation continued, Amaya revealed a secret she had been harboring – she was pregnant. But Taylor knew that, why would this change their friendship?

The news hit Taylor like a tidal wave, explaining the distance and changes in Amaya's behavior. Amaya, overwhelmed with emotions and fear of judgment, hadn't known how to share the news.

"I didn't know how to tell you, Tay. I knew you knew. You have a fifth sense for stuff like this." Amaya laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

"I thought you'd judge me or something. I was scared," Amaya confessed, her eyes moist with unshed tears.

Taylor, shocked but understanding, reached out to her friend. "Amaya, I knew, but you don't have to face this alone. I'm here for you. We can get through this together."

However, instead of relief, Amaya's face contorted with anger. "You think you can just swoop in and fix everything? This is my life, Taylor! I don't need your pity or judgment."

Stunned by Amaya's outburst, Taylor struggled to find the right words. "I'm not trying to judge you, Amaya. I just want to support you as your friend."

Amaya, feeling cornered and overwhelmed, stormed off, leaving Taylor at the table, bewildered and hurt. Despite her best intentions, the revelation had only deepened the rift between them.

Heartbroken, Taylor turned to Travis for support once again. Travis listened empathetically, understanding the complexity of the situation. Together, they decided to give Amaya some space, hoping that time might heal the wounds and allow Amaya to come to terms with the changes in her life.

As the days passed, Taylor continued to reach out to Amaya, expressing her genuine concern and willingness to be there for her. The path to mending their friendship became even more challenging, but Taylor remained determined, holding onto the hope that understanding and forgiveness could bridge the gap between them.

idk what this is, it's most chatgpt
(words984)
written 2/3/24