Chapter 7

🔥📢🔥📢

"This is for tomorrow... This is for Monday... and... this is also for tomorrow" Frida sighed as she put in order the various orders that had to be made, completed and sent in the next few weeks.

Luckily, there was no shortage of work at the shop and it was a relief to have one less thing to worry about in her already chaotic life.

"Anne? Did you take Mrs. Herb's order?".

"Hmm, no, I think Marie has it. Wait, I'll go and ask her".

"Thank you" Frida returned her eyes to the many sheets of paper in front of her, having already been working on them for more than half an hour and being almost more than halfway done.

"Here it is. And..." Anne handed her two sheets of paper with a smile "There's this one too" and she winked before returning to her table.

Frida frowned and first opened one sheet of paper containing Mrs. Herb's order and then opened the other, smiling immediately afterwards.

'We know that you're busy with work, but your shift is almost over and you'd make a wonderful, charming, good man really happy If you accepted his invitation to let him kidnap you to go somewhere together.
He's waiting for you outside. Take your time. x'

Frida rolled her eyes and looked at Anne "And this?" she asked, showing her the little card.

Anne shrugged "Some good-looking man gave it to me at the entrance. Good taste, by the way" she chuckled when Frida rolled her eyes "What? You hide him and I can't even comment?".

"I'm not hiding anyone. Stop thinking with your guts" she chastised her playfully and began to sort out her things in her bag. Her shift was just minutes away, that was right.

"Between you and me, I'm not the one thinking with my guts here" she laughed again and returned to her work, leaving her alone... for now.

"I'm going. See you tomorrow" Frida announced, putting on her gray coat and bag over her shoulder.

"Have fun" Marie winked at her and Frida headed for the exit quickly. She felt strangely giddy that time. The two of them hadn't agreed to see each other that day. Or in the next few days, If she were to be honest, then his sudden proposal, she had to admit, was the best thing about those lonely days at home. Her children were still at Ragnar's, even though they had finally managed to reach a mutual agreement so that they'd stay with her at least for Christmas.

She'd think of something for the next holidays.

"Hello, hello".

Frida looked up and smiled when she saw him leaning against his car in front of the shop "So your life isn't in danger. The note they gave me implied that you were".

Benny chuckled and came closer to her, a smug smile on his face "I could be If you hadn't come" and he leaned towards her to leave a long kiss on the corner of her mouth "How are you?" .

Frida sighed and adjusted her bag better on her shoulder "Tired and tired and still tired. Did I mention I'm tired?" she snorted and grabbed his arm "So I doubt I look good".

He made a face "Nah, you're beautiful anyway".

Here they were. It was in those moments that she felt within herself a sudden impulse to throw away caution and logic and drag him into the first secluded corner within reach to show him how much his words and his presence were good for her body and soul.

'Calm down'.

"So, what are you doing here, charmer?" she asked, deciding to silence those thoughts.