Part 1: melatonin

PAPER CROWNS

TW! In this fanfic there will include: mentions to SH and anxiety.
Ill do individual trigger warnings on each page

RENNIE:
Age: 26
Location: Brighton, UK
sexuality: Bisexual, strong female preference
A-bit about her personality: Rennie is extremely shy, and doesn't think very highly of herself. She lives in a small flat in the centre of Brighton. She has no contact with her mum but shes very close to her dad. He lives abroad in Sweden.
_____________________________

This will alternate POVs, right now its just Rennie's but this will change as more characters are introduced. I hope you enjoy reading! This is the first part so expect more updates soon :)
________________________________

RENNIE'S POV

A wave of relief had fallen over Rennie as the mouse hovered over the 'upload' button.
YouTube was never a career path she suspected to take over her life, but here she was.

Sat on an Anonymous identity and 54 million subscribers.

Part of her wished this had never happened... for fuck sake, she had witnessed what had become of Dream.

But nonetheless, she was just another masked figure online. Hiding her bobbed, brunette hair and shy smile behind a screen.

And just like many other faceless figures, she had become sexualised over the smallest things. Her voice, her laugh... anything that small handful of creepy fans could get their hands on.

After uploading what Rennie would call a masterpiece... and what others would call a rather chaotic, modded Minecraft video with Tommy and Jack Manifold. And now the bed was calling her name.

She never realised quite how exhausted she has at times. But at least it was obvious now.

After changing into the usual James marriott t-shirt and shorts, and wrapping herself up in the same blanket shes had since she was 17, and grabbing a kinder bueno from the surface of the kitchen,
Rennie just stared at her instagram page.

She was still baffled people thought she was interesting enough to pay her any attention at all. Maybe its her rather low self confidence...

or just the grogginess of her 3:45 am editing routine. There was no way to tell, I suppose.

Another part of Rennie's night-time routine was watching James Marriott. She found it rather embarrassing when she began to crush over this man. But Rennie had excepted how much of a thirsty fangirl she is over him.

Though she's never shared that small fact about herself with anyone. And as far as Rennie's concerned... its gonna stay that way.

Its not like she's never talked to him before, Rennie was very much familiar with JamesDoesMining... that God awful username he uses when he makes videos with her and the rest of the gang.

And she's pretty sure Tommy has realised how flustered she gets when he comes up in conversation.
But its likely he's brushed it off as his best friend being that stereotypical autistic girl he knows and loves.
And has loved since they met on the first day of year 8. Little did they both know they'd become inseparable for years to come.

Not to mention internet sensations.

Rennie scrolls through James' Instagram. And staring at his beautiful features. His eyes, (yes, with the gold flecks) and lips. Especially his nose. Rennie adores his nose.
(Self Report)

They way it perfectly fits between his eyes, and the way it dents slightly in the middle, the way it looks when he turns his head... showing off his gorgeous side profile, Rennie could stare at in awe for days on end. He's flawless.

Absolutely perfect.

She sighs. Knowing these feelings where useless to hold onto. And apart from those brief discord calls and loud Minecraft games... they would never grow close.
And James would never think about her faceless figure in any way except a way to make content and gain publicly among the Minecraft community.

After going to town on half of her kinder bueno, she sat there, bored and unable to lie still and sleep. For fuck sake.
Her insomnia had gotten better over the past few months. But she still struggled with getting to sleep more nights than not.

Not before a frustrated exhale, Rennie reached to her bedside table and rummaged through the bottom draw.
Filled with useless things like loose change, chargers and other mediocre items you'd expect to find in a standard piece of Ikea furniture. After a substantial about of feeling about, she identified a small container of Melatonin.
A rather light container of Melatonin. She let out another sigh.
She seriously cannot be out of what she relies on to get a good nights rest. You've got to be kidding me.

As she lay silent, the sound of silence grew louder and louder. The rain slightly pattering against the window opposite her, and the sounds of drunk men walking the streets if Brighton she could hear faintly from outside.

Maybe falling asleep without meds wasn't so hard after all. And with around 30 minutes... Rennie's eyes where beginning to grow heavier,
and her dreams where already creeping their way into her foggy mind. Clogged with stress of fame and her useless crush.

As expected, the usual dream about James came to mind. The same dream as always. With her unconscious state admiring his face and body when she's sleep.
As she does when she's awake. Rennie grins softly in her sleep. This was going to be a pleasant nights rest.

End of part 1
834 words