Part 16: phantom kisses

(this is like James's POV after the kiss and he runs out the room btw)

Also I just love adding the most random ass photos of James above the title hehe
________________________________

Fuck... uh... sorry."

"James?"

"I'm just... fuck. I'm sorry, Ren."

James quickly stood up and silently walked out of the room and then front door.

After shutting it behind him, he let out a breath of relief.

"What the fuck?" He said to himself, his back pressed against the wall next to Rennie's door.

There was a risk she could open it and confront him... but at this point he didn't care.
James just needed to think this whole situation over.

Don't get me wrong... he wanted to kiss her.
Is was what he'd wanted to do since the day she fell over him on the streets of Brighton, but it wasn't the right time.

Everything that had happened before was already overwhelming enough, for the both of them. It all made sense now... the hoodies and baggy pants... how nervous she can get on stage when she had to jump around, it all made sense.

And part of James was overjoyed she trusted him with that information, how when she was desperate for help he was the one she called.

But another part of him was so devastated she got that desperate for someone to be there, to clean her up, to take care of her.

I guess it is what it is.

At this point James is walking down the flight of stairs, lost in his thoughts and skipping over a few to make the walk home quicker.

Wow. This wasn't what he thought would happen to his evening.

When he was almost at the end, a group of girls walked past him. They looked about 2o, and when they glanced towards James one of them kept staring... stopping completely in her path.

Ohh shit
James thought...
He loves his fans, but this just wasn't the right time for a selfie and hugs.

"Umm... hello"

The blonde girl said, flipping her hair off her shoulder and onto her back in a flirty manner

Double shit.
It wasn't just a fan... but a flirty one.

James let out an audible sigh, hinting his obvious bad mood at her rather clearly.

"Hello."

James waited for one of the standard questions.

"Are you James Marriott?"
Or
"Wow you're actually so tall!"

The girl started speaking

"Can... I... um can I have your number?"

Well, this was awkward

James debated what to say to this girl.
She looked nice enough, pretty and all that but she just wasn't Rennie.

"Uhh..."

He debated what to say.
I guess if she didn't know who he was he could just lie and say he had a girlfriend...

"Sorry, I've got a girlfriend."

~time skip~

10 minutes later he was back in his house. It felt lonelier than before, like wasn't right.

He knew what wasn't right...
He kissed the woman he was in love with, and then ran out on her.
It's not like he didn't want to kiss her, he wanted it more than Rennie could ever imagine... but it was selfish.
He shouldn't have excepted her question when he clearly wasn't in the right mind.

She was in shock and tired, for fuck sake, she was probably asking to kiss him just because she was horny, or just bored. He didn't know. But what he did know was that it was wrong to kiss her in that moment.
And he was a bad person for taking advantage of her like that.
He was a bad person.
A horrible one.

He sigh. The feeling of her lips pressed against his still lingering as if to torture his mind as he missed her desperately.

He could still feel her hands, moving from his neck to his waist gently as their lips moved over each other in perfect time, like a dance only they knew.

He sat back on the sofa, slowly drifting off into sleep, thinking about holding her again.

~another time skip sorry not sorry~

(Back to focusing on Ren btw)

It was now around 9:45 the next day, and Rennie was feeling less than ideal.

The overthinking was getting in her head far to much, but what she had concluded was that really, James didn't want to kiss her. He did it because he felt sorry for her, and now she had fucked up the whole band, and the friendship.

She had a show the next day, and then three days after she was flying to Scotland.

How the fuck was she supposed to face him?

A notification popped up on his phone.
It was a YouTube fan account she followed for e-boys updates... it hasn't posted since it broke up so she was slightly confused.

Rennie read the title that had popped up on her lock screen

'Twitter says James confessed to having a girlfriend?'

What.
The.
Fuck?

________________________________

Btw Rennie thinks he has a secret girlfriend and cheated on her by kissing Rennie