Chapter 3: This was not the plan

"Horror?" Tadano repeated, his mouth opened slightly in shock. 

Sure, he wasn't the one who bought the tickets, but he thought the movie they would be watching would be wholesome. Or at least one of the romance genres! If he knew it was going to be horror, he would've never gotten out of bed!

You see, there are some people who wouldn't have a problem with this genre; however, there are a few who cannot handle horror. Seeing a horror movie would make them scream in terror and, in some cases, faint at the sight of a jump scare.

Tadano was one of those people. This proves to be a problem as he was with the Komi siblings, and he didn't want to embarrass himself in front of them. He breathed shakily, already feeling a bit faint.

Komi glanced at him worryingly, "Are you feeling alright, Tadano-kun?" She showed him the text. He nodded, his eyes creaking at the corners of his forced smile. He could only hope he would make it out alive...

It seemed his smile wasn't working as well as he'd hoped, as he was seeing Komi fretting over him. If this were an anime show, she would have cat ears and a tail waving frantically in the air with how fast her movements were. The look of despair on her face made Tadano sweat drop.

"Hey," Tadano jumped at the sudden voice. Komi eyed her brother, motioning to Tadano, a look of concern still on her face. Shousuke looked Tadano up and down. He shoved the tickets in his hand into his pants pocket and grabbed Tadano's wrist, who squeaked in surprise.

They both began exiting the theater; Komi hurriedly walked beside Tadano, who was very confused.

________

"Huh?"

 That was all Tadano could say. Somehow, some way, he ended up at the Komi sibling's humble abode.