1.5

Continuation of chapter 1, since I don't want it to be too long.

˗ˏˋ ꒰ 🝮︎︎︎︎︎︎︎ ꒱ ˎˊ˗

"A Mafia Game?" Sol-Hee, having received an unexpected game notification, retreated to her shared room. Now comfortably sprawled on her bed, she's entranced by the ticking of the clock, which serves as a subtle accompaniment to her exploration of the app. With each scroll through the names of her classmates, she marvels at the precise portrayal of profiles. As she scrolls through her classmates' names, she marvels at how precisely their profiles and names are showcased in the app. Familiar with the game due to Heo-Yool's persistent invitations, she's not a gaming expert like him but possesses a solid understanding of the rules and occupational descriptions.

As Sol-Hee immerses herself in the messages within the Mafia Game app, she stumbles upon a vibrant exchange among her classmates. They've already cast suspicions on someone, and to her amazement, the accused is none other than Heo-Yool. What strikes her as peculiar is the conversational tone, which, rather than carrying the expected gravity of a serious accusation, exudes an unexpected lightness. It's as if the participants view the situation more as a playful jest, orchestrated by a mischievous prankster, than a genuine claim against Heo-Yool.

Sol-Hee finds herself in a moment of contemplation, pondering whether to employ her Police skill to unveil the identity of the person she wishes to uncover. Despite the tempting allure, she ultimately decides against it, opting to resist the urge and maintain the element of mystery.

Sol-Hee's peaceful sanctuary is interrupted by an unexpected knock on the door, prompting her to stand up on her bed. With curiosity guiding her, she approaches the entrance to welcome the visitor who has found their way into the shared room. As she opens the door, she is taken aback to find Jang Hyun-Ho on the other side, his expression a mixture of surprise and relief, adding an element of unexpectedness to the encounter.

"Nahee's not here, she's at Somi's room," slipped from her lips, catching both of them off guard. Hyun-Ho raised an eyebrow, puzzled by her words and wondering why she jumped to the conclusion that he was seeking Ahn Nahee. "What?" was his immediate response, reflecting his confusion.

Trying to explain, she admitted, "Well, I saw the two of you earlier, so I thought that you must be looking for her." Mentally slapping herself, she realized her words unintentionally carried a hint of jealousy over their interaction. A subtle, almost imperceptible smirk danced on Hyun-Ho's face in response to this accidental revelation, injecting a layer of intrigue into the evolving dialogue. The air between them hung with unspoken implications, fostering a curiosity about the emotions that lingered beneath the surface.

"Are you jealous?" His words prompted an eye-roll from her, and Hyun-Ho couldn't help but snort at her reaction. His attention shifted to his phone screen as it chimed repeatedly, mirroring the flood of notifications on Sol-Hee's device. Reading the updates, they discovered that three students had swiftly cast their votes, all pointing fingers at the person accused of being a Mafia right at the beginning of the game.

"Do you have the identical app?" His earlier query lingered in the atmosphere, but Sol-Hee chose to dismiss it, offering a nod in acknowledgment. Engaging with her phone, she scrolled through the messages, revealing that several students had already expressed their suspicions by voting against Heo-Yool.

"

Yeah, I guess everyone must have it," she mentioned, raising her eyes to meet his. The recollection of their earlier encounter before boarding the bus seemed to have slipped into the background of their thoughts. "Given that all our names and profiles are displayed in this app. I wonder how," she pondered, biting her lips in contemplation before turning her attention back to Hyun-Ho. Unbeknownst to her, Sol-Hee subtly traced her lower lip with her fingertip, inadvertently creating a seductive gesture that seemed to captivate Hyun-Ho's attention, rendering him momentarily quiet. As she wondered about the cause of his sudden silence, she put her hand down and look straight at him in the eye.