3.

Dorinda

Sitting in bed with my thoughts was a different type of torture. It didn't use to be this way, but after seeing Karen and getting her reaction towards me it forced me to replay everything in my mind that led up to this point.

*Flashback*

I sat in my living room in tears as I finished going through my husband's phone. He'd been spending way too much time at the office and it only led me to suspect him of cheating furthermore. I decided not to sit here in my misery. So, I grabbed my keys and drove to Karen's house. She always had a way to pull me out of my funk. After all she wasn't my best friend just because she was my sister. She was my best friend because she knew how to keep me levelheaded.

Getting to her house, I parked in the driveway then got out as I turned the car off and headed to the front door. I knocked then waited. Even though I did ave a key to my sister's house we did have ground rules and tried to follow them. As I waited for Karen to open the door Erin opened it with his shirt off. I instantly looked away as I spoke.

"Where's my sister?"

"She not here ma. You need something?" Erin asked.

"For you to put on a shirt." I mumbled.

"Oh dang, my bad. Give me a second."

Watching Erin leave the front door, I rolled my eyes. He knew that he didn't have a shirt on before he opened the door. They had a doorbell camera. So, he knew it was me.

"Aite, so wifey not here. Can I help you with anything?" Erin asked, coming back with his shirt on.

"No, Karen isn't here so I'm just going to go?"

"Nah, you obviously came here for a reason. What's on ya mind?" Erin said, coming out the door.

Shaking my head, I walked away from him and went to my car. I sighed as I closed my eyes and laid my head against the headrest of my car. Unbeknownst to me, Erin had got in my car and locked the doors behind him.

"Erin, get out of my car."

"No, not until you tell me what's wrong. What did Jacob do?" Erin asked.

Tears came to my eyes as I closed them. It was just like Erin to act as if he cared whenever he was around me. I didn't want to tell him anything, but Karen wasn't here and I needed someone to vent to. So, I ended up telling him everything. I went on and on as I spilled my heart to him about everything Jacob had been putting me through, how I felt, and how it was effecting me. By the time I finished I was a weepy mess.

"Dang, I'm sorry you going through that. You don't deserve it. Come here, give me a hug." Erin said, extending his arms to hug me.

I hugged him briefly and allowed him to comfort me momentarily.

"You gon' get through this, Doe. You strong ma." I cried more as he spoke.

I felt the shift when it happened. My gate was opened and my guard dropped. I was vulnerable and he knew it. I broke the hug as Erin looked at me with this look in his eyes. I knew that if I didn't leave that something would happen.

"You should go, Erin. Please?" I asked.

"Nah..."

"No?" I asked. Erin shook his head.

"Ion think you really want me to go and I don't want to either." Erin said.

Closing my eyes, I leaned my head back against my seat as I inhaled and exhaled. What he said next risked everything.