5.

Dorinda

After leaving Karen's house, I went to my house only to find Jacky waiting on me inside my living room. She sat on the couch as she waited for me to enter. As soon as she saw me she stood up and walked towards me.

"So, how did the therapy session go?' Jacky asked, walking up to me.

"It went.... Karen walked in and she decided to finally talk to me." I said.

Jacky's face lit up at my words.

"Oh my that's wonderful! I knew she would come around an-"

"She didn't come around. We talked and she informed me how she actually felt about me. She let me know how she really felt about me. She got everything off her chest, and not to mention she called me a hoe after I told her exactly what happened between Erin and I. It was as if she didn't hear a word that I said. All she heard was the pain and anger that she felt towards me as she was raving about how much she hates me." I said, cutting Jacky off.

"Doe, Karen does not hate you."

"Yes, she does. She said it and if she could have said it in another language she would have. She detests me and I let her know that no matter how she treats me whenever she comes around I will always be there and ready to let her back in when she's ready."  I admitted.

"Mhm...." Jacky said, sending a text on her phone. "Hold that though."

Watching Jacky leave, she went to my front door and opened it. Twinkie was on the other side. She smiled as she walked in and began to greet me.

"Dorinda, how are you doing?" Twinkie asked, walking through my living room.

"What is this an intervention?" I mumbled.

"Ha, very funny. But no, we just came by to see how everything went with you and Karen. You know that I don't want to get involved in what you and have her going on, because I'm not taking sides however it would be good to know if she finally opened up and decided to let you back in."

Sitting back down on the couch, I decided to let them both know exactly what happened between Karen and I.

"Well, I don't think that will happen anytime soon."

"And why is that? This has honestly gone on long enough. Aren't you ready to make amends?" Twinkie asked.

"It's not on my part. It's on hers. She's not ready to forgive me. She came home and saw me in her room. I'd found a box that contained a sonogram, a baby's onesie, and a pregnancy test. I bet neither of you knew that she was pregnant, but she got an abortion. I'm not sure why or what happened between her and Erin, but what I do know is that she probably hates me more now than she did before."

Jacky shook her head in disbelief.

"None of that even makes sense, because Karen used to boast about how she was going to be the best mother ever when she got grown, and you're telling me that she aborted a baby that had her DNA without so much as a second thought?" Jacky asked.

"Again, I'm not sure what happened between her and Erin to make her do that." I said.

Twinkie squinted as she looked at me making me uncomfortable.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Because.... I feel like this thing is much deeper than what you or her are willing to admit. So, I think it's time we knew what exactly happened between you and Erin besides the obvious. How did you leave your gate open like that, and what caused you to get comfortable around him that you forgot the fact that he was the property of your little sister's?"