99

Orian's pov

Seventeen letters.

Four words.

A question causing turmoil,

And my world came crashing down.

I closed my eyes willing the imagery before me to float away but that incessant laughter and scent were all too prominent showing me that she was here and it was all real.

I knew Hector was evil, evil enough to do anything that would get him powers but this was beyond me.

I could hear the distant shouts of the soldiers as well as the laughter, these sounds clashing together in my head and vibrating through my hearing as my heart beat faster and blood rushed in my ears,

Nothing would have prepared me for this moment.

Amara...

My peace, she was the only person I could think of right now and she wasn't here. She wasn't here to calm me from Helena and it made me realize that I had never really healed.

I was foolish to think that I had a chance at healing, seeing her here made me know that I was far from that as my eyes were still closed and I crouched on the ground trembling in fear.

It all made sense now.

The spells, the black magic, the book I found in Hector's library, his confidence, and every weird thing he had ever done and had happened to us.

He had help all the while alongside his already evil capabilities.

He had sought help from the spirit realm evoking dark spirits to fight on his side and a flash of pity for my soldiers went through me, he had this all planned out and his last resort would prove my failure definitely but I never thought he was this callous.

He knew my weaknesses and never passed on an opportunity to use them against me, this was one.

Evil only dies twice....

I remember the words Amara said the old woman at the fair had repeated to her and how it was all reasons now for I was crouching before my greatest arch nemesis, the most horrible of all the people that have tormented me, and one of the causes of my ruined life.

Helena was before me, resurrected, her spirit more like she was brought to life entirely and her laughter rang through the air as she enveloped the space choking me with the awareness that she was back.

Helena is here and there is no escape for me now.

I crouched on the ground shivering with blood oozing from my wounds as I tried to fight the images that surfaced in my head but all was to no avail as they invaded my thoughts, my entire being and suddenly I was six with my pants being dragged down against my will.

"Get up weakling!" I heard Hector spit above me and then a kick came to my side, his booted foot hitting my side, cracking at my ribs taking advantage of my weakness, "Pretty boys can't fight much can they?"

I felt a tear slide down my cheek as all I saw was darkness, feeling fingers stroking my body and suddenly I was fifteen again bent over against my will with a wound to my most private areas because I said no.

I clutched to my head, my palms planted on each side as I shook my head begging myself to forget, to focus to get up and fight, another kick to my side with the jeering laughter worsened the situation as I saw Helena's face flash before my very eyes and my whole being vibrated with fear.

Weakling, pretty boy! A failure! Ugly huge unwanted freak!

The words ran through my head over and over again, the visions blinding me as I struggled to get to my feet, look how pathetic you look! You call yourself a king?!