Chap 1- Mr.Kennedy arrives

'Hey Mel! Get up already! It's time..he should be arriving soon!,
'Ohh I wanna sleep some more'
'Don't u wanna greet him?'
'Who the hell are you talking about? Don't tell me it's that goofball of a teacher', said Philomel, rolling her eyes.
'You haven't even met him and talking ill about him already? You're really something!', laughed Emily.
'No I did meet him before, Ellie', sighed Philomel, ' I met him at the marketplace'
'Judging from your expression, your meeting wasn't really pleasant, was it?'
'Of course not', said Phil, while changing into her formal attire, ' He bumped into me while I was heading towards the college and didn't even say sorry! I fell and hurt my knees real bad you know.'
'How did you know it was him?', asked Emily, surprised.
' Father showed us a photo of him, remember?'
'Oh my god, you do have a great memory, Mel', said Emily, dusting off her english books which she hadn't touched in a while ,'Now let's head downstairs. It's already late as it is.'

Unwillingly, Philomel followed her sister downstairs. Father was wating for them at the fireplace, with a newspaper in his hands, sipping a cup of tea. 'You're late, young ladies!', said he, without taking his eyes off the newspaper, 'I believe I told you that your new teacher will be arriving today.'
'Oh please father, we will get to see him 24/7 now', grumbled Mel,' I simply don't understand why you asked him to stay at ours.'
'Mind your tongue, Mel', whispered Emily, cautiously.
'Well, I have explained this before, haven't I?', rebuked father, ' He has just come back to Wales from the USA and doesn't have a place to stay. I expect you to treat him nicely and with respect.'
'With respect, huh? He's merely 3 to 4 years older than us'
As soon as father opened his mouth to say something, the doorbell rang.
'Coming!' Hannah, the housemaid, rushed to open the door.
The door opened slowly and there stood a fine young gentleman, in a beige suit and lace-up boots, carrying in his hand, a suitcase of a considerable size. His face was not near anything insanely attractive,neither did he have a great physique, but the charming smile on his tender lips covered for them all.

'Welcome, Mr.Kennedy!' Father now rose up from his armchair to shake hands with the guest.
'Please call me Joseph, Sir', he smiled politely.
'Let me introduce you to your new students', father faced towards his daughters. Pointing towards Emily, he said, 'She is my elder daughter, Emily. She's very caring by nature and you can ask for any kind of help from her.'
'I will be in your care then, miss Emily',said Kennedy, with a smile. Emily greeted him politely.

'And this is Philomel, my younger daughter. Be a little wary around her as she has got quite the temper'
'And who have I got it from, Dad? You know genetics was my favourite part in bio science', scorned Mel.
'I certainly will be careful, Mr.Flynn' laughed Kennedy, ' For I see that Miss Philomel doesn't like me very much. She has been giving me quite the look since earlier.'
'Oh no, that's not the case at all, Mr.Kennedy! My sister is like that by nature. She actually doesn't mean it.',said Emily, trying to cover up for her sister.
'Oh yes I do', Mel asnwered back, sharply, 'It's good for you to know from the start that I don't like you .'
'Mind your behavior, Mel', roared father, angrily, ' I see that I've spoiled you too much!'
' Anyways, I don't care. I have no interest in learning anything from him.' Having said whatever she had to say, Mel rushed upstairs. Kennedy's eyes followed her until her figure disappeared from sight. An awkward silence filled the room.
'I apologise to you on behalf of my daughter, Sir Joseph', sighed Father, ' After she lost her mother three years ago, she has been like this, isolating herself from others. I hope you can forgive her'
' I did not mind at all, Mr.Flynn', said Kennedy in a calm voice, 'I shall try my best to break the walls around her and turn her back to the person she once was.'
'Nobody will be gladder than me and Ellie if you can do that, Sir.', sighed father, again, ' Anyways, I think you
may begin tomorrow with the teaching stuff , as today has been quite hectic for you . Ellie dear, bring him to the dining table.' Saying this, he rushed to the kitchen, to instruct Hannah with the servitude of breakfast.
'Oh ,and one more thing, Ellie', father's voice came from the kitchen, ' Mel will not have her breakfast today. She must be taught a lesson for her rude behavior.'
Kennedy tried to focus on his plate, but could not help feeling guilty over the matter. Emily noticed this while serving and whispered in a soft voice, 'Don't worry, Mr.Kennedy. I will share my part of the breakfast with Mel. You don't have to fill guilty about that.'
Kennedy smiled at her in a thankful manner and for a moment Emily felt that her heartbeat was unusally loud and fast and she couldn't help blushing.

That night Philomel tiptoed to the library after a long time. This was her favourite place in the house. But, as soon as she entered, she felt the presence of someone else in the room.
'Who's it? Answer me or I'll beat the hell out of ya'
'It's me, Miss Philomel.'
She had heard the voice for the second time now and instantly knew who it was.