Chapter 49

Aaradhya was a little relieved now. For the past few days, her father looked less stressed than earlier. Abhi has told her he would talk to his brother, maybe his brother sorted out the things. Whatever the reason was, she was feeling light-hearted. Her main focus should be her exams now. She doesn't want to fail and give another year of her life for preparation. She has to get a good University this year only. 

But her relief was short-lived. She saw her teary-eyed mother standing in front of her room in a very panicked state.

"What happened Mummy?" she asked feeling panic rising within her too.

"Yo... Your father. He had a heart attack. They took him to the City Hospital," she said crying.

Aaradhya felt her blood turning cold. But this was not the time to panic. She has to take care of her mother, reach the hospital and know about his condition. She is a doctor. She has been taught to deal with such conditions. However, they did not teach her to handle such situations when the patient is her family member.

"Don't worry Mummy. I am going to the Hospital," Aaradhya said quickly grabbing her purse.

"I am coming with you," her mother said following her.

"No, you are not. Just stay here and rest. I will call you when I reach there," she said descending the stairs.

"No, I am coming and that's final," her mother said wiping her tears. She wants to see her husband. She has never been this terrified in her life. She needs to be near him as soon as possible.

"Chachi ji, please take care of Mummy. I am leaving," Aaradhya said when she spotted her Aunt in the living room, looking at them worriedly.

"Go, don't worry I am here with her," her Aunt gently patted her head and went to Anjali to calm her down.

After thirty minutes Aaradhya was standing in front of her father's room. Her Chacha ji was already there.

"What did the doctor say?" she asked once she spotted him.

"It was a mild heart attack. The doctor said something myo... myo.."

"Myocardial Infarction," Aaradhya said.

"Yeah, that. He said not to stress him and rest for a few days...." her Chachaji continued.

"I'll meet the doctor myself. Where is his room?" she asked curtly. She needs to know the details.

The rest of the hour passed with her waiting for the doctor and then finally meeting him. But she could not understand how this happened suddenly. Her father's cholesterol was in control when she checked last time. The last few stressful days must be the reason. All because of that Arvind Singh Rathod. She is even disgusted by his name.

"You stay here. He will be awake in a few hours. I need to take care of some other things," her Chachaji told her.

"Where are you going?" she asked. She didn't want to but she could not help it. What could be more important than staying with his brother who was fighting for his life right now? But she realised the world doesn't stop because of their problems. Time flows and work continues.

"I need to report to the Police Station on Bhaiya's behalf," her Uncle told her.

"Police Station? Why?" she asked with widened eyes.

"That loser Arvind has pressed some charges against our company for some illegal trade and work. He has evidence. Fake, of course. And some of our company employees also gave statements against us. When he heard this he could not bear it all. The case can be taken care of. That's not the problem. But the employees, whom we have trusted all these years doing something like this, was unexpected. That's the reason he is in hospital right now," he told her.