Chapter 19: Stay

Not really sure how to feel about it

Something in the way you move

Makes me feel like I can't live without you

It takes me all the way

I want you to stay

- Stay by Rihanna

Dick's POV

I stared at Asteria's unconscious body. Okay Dick. Pull yourself together. She's not dead, just unconscious. The first round of explosions that went through the hallway set everybody free. I took a guess that Asteria was the reason for it. The second one that occurred right before Asteria passed out on me was backup. Bruce must've called in reinforcements as soon as we were free, and those reinforcements came in the form of Justice League members. It meant I just had to find someone to take Asteria to the nearest hospital. Or better yet, get someone to Boom Tube her to the Watchtower, where she could get the proper medical attention she needed. My only problem was that I didn't want to move her with all her injuries. Think Dick. Think.

That's when I spotted a girl in a familiar top hat, and my spirits immediately lifted. "Zatanna!" I called just a she took out a pair of Shadows by turning them into chickens. They squawked unintelligently before running off.

"Nightwing," she replied as she ran towards me, trying to avoid most of the fight. She ducked just as a Shadow went sailing over her head, and I glanced to see Hal back in his Green Lantern uniform, his ring glowing on his hand where it belonged. With the Justice League members coming in to help us, it seemed the fight was immediately returning to our favor. "Are you-" Zatanna began to ask, dragging my attention back to her.

"I'm fine," I interrupted before she could even finish the question. "But Asteria needs your help." I gestured to the unconscious girl behind me, her complexion getting paler by the second. When Zatanna's eyes landed on her, they widened in shock.

She turned to me with a sad expression. "I don't know if I can do much for her," she admitted. "She has so much injuries."

"I just need you to try," I pleaded, my voice nearly breaking. "I just need you to heal some of her wounds so we can Boom Tube her out of here."

"Of course," Zatanna finally replied, kneeling by Asteria's still form. Her chest rose and fell slowly, her breathing obviously labored. I also remembered the promise I made her though.

Save Damian.

"KF!" I shouted, looking for my best friend. He was the only one I could trust with this. I immediately spotted a blur of red and yellow, knocking down a bunch of Shadows as it hurtled towards me.

When the blur stopped, Wally stood before me, not winded at all by his run. I was still getting used to having him with me on missions again. And I'd be damned if I didn't save the girl who brought him back to me. "You called babe?" he asked, the cheeky smile always on his face. And to think moments ago he was undergoing White Ghost's own version of electroshock therapy.

A few Shadows advanced on us and we immediately moved to stand back to back, our stance ready. We still continued our conversation, of course. "I need you to look after Asteria and Zatanna while I look for Damian. Get Asteria out of here as soon as she's healed enough," I whispered close to Wally's ear, at the same time keeping an eye on the proverbial sharks that surrounded us.

"Awww! You do care!" Wally teased before taking out five of the guys surrounding us. The one left standing was right in front of me, looking completely shell- shocked. I rolled my eyes before punching him in the face and knocking him out.