The Ambush

Snape entered the front doors of what used to be Hogwarts. Now it was just a dull, grey castle that had mad people living in it. He nodded to me and I opened the doors. Snape stepped in beside me. We both stood there under Voldemort's gaze.

"Argh, there you are Severus, we were beginning to think you had lost your way, come sit." Riddle points to a seat next to him, just on the side of the majorly long tresel. He turned back to me. "Lily Potter. How good it is to see you again. Come." He gestured for me to go and stand beside him.

I convincingly walked over and stood beside him, meeting his gaze defiantly. He smirked up at me then nodded. I walked behind him and around to Draco, who pulled the chair out beside him. Voldemort watched me all the way.

"You bring news I trust?" Voldemort looked away from me, to Snape.

"It will happen tomorrow, at nightfall." Snape said.

"That's not what I heard my lord." Our heads whipped round to Yaxley. "Dourish, the Auror has let slip, that the Potter boy will not be moved until the 30th of this month, the day before he turns sevente-"

"This is a false trail, the Auror office no longer plays any form of role in the protection of Harry Potter. Those closest to him believe that we have infiltrated the Ministry." Snape said.

"Well they've got that right haven't they?" Dolohof sneered.

The Death Eaters cackled to one another. Voldemort looked down the table at a skinny, strange man. "What say you Picas?" (Pi-as)

"One hears many things my lord. Whether the truth is among them, is not clear." Picas said.

"Ha! Spoken like a true politician, you will in fact prove most useful." Voldemort complimented. I looked around at the Death Eaters, who looked grumpy. They needed to prove themselves and save a spot with the Dark Lord, otherwise they're future will be unclear. Draco and I had already proven ourselves at Hogwarts last year. Picas smiled to himself. "Where will he be taken, the boy?"

"Mostly likely to the house of one of the Order, once there it will be impossible to breach." Snape said.

The was a hiss and everyone looked at Bellatrix, who was sitting beside me. "My lord, I volunteer myself for this task, I want to kill the boy?"

There was a scream from down in the dungeons. "Wormtail! Have I no spoken to you about keeping our guest quiet!?" Voldemort shouted.

"Yes, my lord. Right away my lord." Wormtail stuttered and he scurried off.

Voldemort's attention went back to Bellatrix. "As inspiring as you bloodlust is, Bellatrix, I must be the one to kill Harry Potter." She bowed her head and I turned my attention back to Voldemort. "But I face an unfortunate complication." Voldemort stood and walked slowly around my side of the table. "You see, my wand and Potters share the same core. They are in someways twins. We can wound, but not fatally harm one another. If I am to kill him, I must do it with another's wand." He stopped behind me. "Lily?"

I turned and smiled up at him. "I would love to my lord, but my wand too, shares the same core. I am his twin sister no?"

He nodded and moved on. He ended up taking Lucius Malfoy's wand. He looked into the darkness. "For those of you who don't know, we are joined tonight, by Miss Charity Burbidge." He waved his wand and a teacher I vaguely recognised floated over the table. She had cuts along her faces and she was bleeding everywhere. "Ms Burbidge was a professor here at Hogwarts, teaching Muggle Studies. Given she had her way, she would have us mate with them." There was a few 'errrrrs' and 'ewwws' from the other Death Eaters.

Draco and I didn't take our eyes away from the professor. Voldemort shot the killing spell at her, she hit the table with a sickening thud. Voldemort's snake rose up on the table. "Nagini, dinner." He gestured to the dead woman. The snake slithered along and sunk its teeth into her face.

Draco squeezed my hand from under the table, I squeezed back. We looked back at Voldemort, he dismissed us And Narccissa stopped us before we went to our temporary room, in Hogwarts Castle. "You, Lily will need a broom, I will take you shopping tomorr-"

"There is no need, Narccissa." I held up my hand to silence her. "I'm pretty sure, Draco and I are old enough to go shopping on our own and take care of ourselves. Thank you."

I turned and Draco lead me up the stairs away from his disapproving mother. I didn't treat them as friends, I didn't treat them as family, I treated them like they were nothing to me, which they were.

The next day, Draco and I apperated to Knockturn Alley, which was thriving on the fact that Diagin Alley had been closed. We walked into a small broom store. The shopkeeper looked at me then at Draco and disappeared out the back. Good, now we are free to take my broom. I walked over to a cabinet and recognised the broom. It was a Firebolt, one of the fastest brooms in the world, the same one Harry had. I took it and we exited the shop. We had a walk around the alleys before heading to Borgin and Bourkes.

We got inside the Vanishing Cabinet, just to try it out and we carefully opened the door after saying the chant. We were in the cluttered room of Requirement. "Well at least this works and is a good way to come into the castle."

We went back to Borgin and Bourkes and apperated back to Malfoy Manor. Bellatrix was waiting for us. "Your late, we have to leave now!"

I looked outside and noticed it was coming on dark. I looked at my new broom. "Let's just see if I can ride it, first."

Draco smiled and fetched his broom, when he came back I was successfully hovering above the ground. "Right?"

"Right."

We all left and met up with the other Death Eaters at the spot outside Little Whinging. We waited. Nothing happened for a while, but my scar could sense that Voldemort was near and Harry was in his way. Then all of a sudden Threstrals and brooms flew through the clouds. I swerved to get out of the way and started chasing after a random person, nor really bad achieving anything, but I didn't want to hurt my friends.

A motorcycle came in next and my scar sensed Harry, the real Harry, as there were heaps, everywhere. I looked eyes with the Harry and he recognised my eyes immediately, though the Death seater mask I was wearing, plus his scar would be telling him that I was Lily.

People started apperating and many flew off. We were left defeated in the sky and we went our different ways. Draco met me back at the Manor as we had gotten split up during the flight. He hugged me and we left a fuming Bellatrix and Fenrir in the kitchen and went upstairs. That night we just lay in bed together. He ran a hand up and down my back soothingly. We seemed to fall asleep like this every night.