Chapter 6

AMAYA

Amaya rummaged through her wardrobe, searching for a perfect outfit to wear. Expressing her frustration audibly, she dumped her clothes on the bed. Too bad, her school didn't wear uniforms.

Her eyes caught a glimpse of a white button-up shirt and a high waist black skirt. Taking it out, she placed it on her bed and put her other clothes away. As she sat on the bed, her fingers caressed the clothing, tracing the buttons on the shirt and the elegant pleats in the skirt. A sense of confidence washed over her as she admired the sleek ensemble she had chosen. She couldn't deny that her sense of style was impeccable, even without a uniform policy to guide her.

However, as she pondered the day ahead, a shadow of doubt crept into her thoughts. What if Luna and her posse decided to target her outfit for their cruel remarks? The mere idea sent chills down her spine, and she shuddered at the potential embarrassment.

With a resigned sigh, she reluctantly stood up and headed back to her wardrobe in search of a cover-up, just in case.

~~~

Entering the school building, Amaya mentally prepared herself for any encounters that lay in her path. She briskly made her way to her locker to organize her belongings for the day when she spotted Luna and her entourage strolling down the hallway.

Swiftly stowing her school supplies in her bag, she hesitated for a moment, contemplating whether to extend an olive branch and apologize.
"But you stood up for yourself," Will's statement echoed in her mind, yet the idea of extending an apology lingered.

Clutching her bag tightly, her heart began to flutter nervously in her chest. Thump! Thump! The rhythmic beat quickened, signaling her escalating anxiety. Why was she feeling this jittery?

As Luna and her clique approached, Amaya swallowed hard. Just apologize, she coached herself silently. It's just a simple apology, nothing more.

Summoning her courage, she positioned herself in their path, ready to express her regret. Their eyes met, but before she could utter a word, the girls simply sauntered past her, paying her no heed.

~~~

Three days drifted by, and the absence of any comments or interactions from Luna and her friends left Amaya in a peculiar state of unease. Their usual taunts and confrontations were missing, and although one might assume this newfound peace would bring relief, Amaya couldn't shake off the unsettling feeling in her gut.

This unexpected silence from Luna and her crew felt like an ominous sign, a foreshadowing of impending turmoil. Perhaps the silence held more gravity than their usual mean-spirited remarks.

Amaya undeniably possessed a striking beauty that even Luna couldn't deny, but perhaps envy fueled their bullying. Her rejection of numerous boys who sought her attention only added fuel to the fire. Her stunning black locks cascading over her shoulders, her mesmerizing blue eyes inviting one to get lost in their depths, her plump, peachy lips tempting to taste—every aspect of her being seemed to captivate those around her.

Walking into her classroom in silence, her mind drifted back to the unsettling encounter she had earlier faced.
Sitting down on a chair, she searched for the novel she had been previously reading, in her bag. Dropping her bag down, she opened it to read. The tension in the air seemed to cling to her, making it difficult to lose herself in the pages of her novel. Sighing inwardly, she was willing to shake herself off the lingering sense of unease that had settled in her chest.

Lost in her thoughts, she jumped when someone took the book from her. Why can't you just back off, she thought angrily. She looked up only to see Will standing before her, an infectious grin lighting up his face.