𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨, 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔, 𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆

Ellis

I feel myself already shaking. I try and steady my breaths.

This has never happened before, I don't know how they are going to react. But I know it won't be good at all. I just beg they'll let me off with a warning.

I push open the door, and they sit on the sofa in the living room. Their heads quickly contorts and they instantly spot the paper in my hand.

"Is that your test? Come over here and show us." My mom beckons.

I feel my heart sink to my stomach with each step.

"M-Mom can I tell you-"

"You can tell me after child." She rolls her eyes and instantly swipes my test from my hand.

I read her expression change, and I feel my knees wobble.

"A fucking 78%!?" She screamed as she threw the paper down.

"Mom, please, I-" I feel a slap across my face and I fall to the floor.

"Don't call me mom, not with this embarrassing grade. How will I show the people at my job how well I raised you!?" She stood over me with her hands clenched together.

But you didn't raise me well, you were only there when I got good grades, and you weren't even there for me then.

"Mom please just listen-" I felt a kick to my back.

"I said don't call me mom!" She screamed. "Darling are you just gonna let him talk back to me like that?"

"Of course not dear." I heard my father stand up. I feel my heart stop the moment I heard him sliding his belt off.

I looked up and saw him clenched the belt in his hand with a dead look.

Tears flooded my eyes.

"Dad no! Please don't, I'll do anything!" I screamed out a sob.
Without any words, a belt was slapped across my face. And I cried out with agony.

It went on like this for 5 or 10 minutes before he stopped. By the end of it I was in so much pain I could barely get up.

"Now get the fuck out of my sight!" My mom screamed.

I did my best and left and walked to my room.

I closed the door and fell onto my floor sobbing from the pain. Both mental and physical pain.

I struggled to breath, as I coughing and gasping for air. But it was no use, within a minute I passed out.

My eyes peeled open and I looked around, it was dark outside. I looked at my clock and it reads 9:41.

Damn, I've been sleep for about 6 to 7 hours.

I sigh and pick myself up, and walk to my big window, pushing it open.
I hop out my window, and close it behind myself before sliding down my roof and to the ladder on the side of my house and climbing down.

I pulled out my phone and saw many messages in our group chat.

Elijah:
Just got off of work, wyd?
Read 9:45

Tobias:
Nothing, just thinking about life.
Read 9:47

Elijah:
Ellis?
Read 9:49

Elijah:
Ellis??????
Read 9:49

Tobias:
Hello? You good?
Read 9:50

Elijah:
Did you die or sm?
Read 9:51

Tobias:
Love are you ok? Did something happen with you and your parents again?
Read 9:53

Elijah:
He was freaked out about when he got a 78% today, so probably.
Read 9:54

Tobias:
Isn't a 78% pretty decent?
Read 9:55

Elijah:
Not to his parents, a 90% or higher is the only thing he can get.
Read 9:57

Tobias:
That makes no sense, he can't even get a 'B'?
Read 9:58

Elijah:
Text us back when you can bb ❤️
Read 9:58

Tobias:
❤️
Read 9:59
_

I smiled at their text, I love that they're worried about me, but I don't want to burden them with my problems. They have problems of their own.

I walked into a mini cafe and went up to the cashier.

"May I have a-... Carrie?"

"Um sir their isn't anything called Carrie in the menu." The woman laughed.

"No, it's me Ellis. We met in middle school! But you moved away in our 9th grade year." I exclaimed.

"...Wait, Ellis!? No way!" She gasped, analyze me. "If you're the real Ellis... Do you still have the marks on your stomach?" She asked hesitantly.

I bit down on my lips, "Yes." I nod. She was referring to my self harm. Instead of cutting my wrists, I cut my stomach so people wont see. But I always keep a shirt on.

"It's actually you... omg. I missed you." She smiled and hugged me from over the counter and I gratefully hugged her back.

"It's been so long, you look so different." She laughs as she pulls back.

"I know, I kinda changed my style." I giggled at her comment.

"More than kinda. You don't look so... somber anymore."

"Yea, I've kinda grown out of the stage of 'my life is shit, I'm probably gonna kms tomorrow'."

"That's good, that means your mental health is getting better." She smiles.
And I nod. "Yea, it really is. Anyways, enough about myself, how have you been?"

"I've been doing good. We finally moved back, so I'm probably gonna be going back to your school. And I have boyfriend now." She smiles wider than before.

"Oh, what's his name?"

"Tyler Williams. We've been online dating for two years, and he lives here, he also goes to your school."

She can't possibly be talking about the Tyler I know... I really hope she's not dating him. He is a terrible guy for her.

Tyler lied to the police, he claimed I lost my key the day before and he was just giving it back to me! He completely contorted the story, and they let him go.

I really hope she isn't dating him. I fucking swear if he hurts her, I'll fucking kill him and go to juvenile myself.

"That's great! I'm so happy for you!"
I say through my teeth.

"Oh, thank you so much. Anyways, what about you? Are you in a relationship?"

"Yea, I'm in a relationship with..." I lean closer to her ear, "with two guys."

"Oh my gosh! That's adorable. They're treating you right, right?" She asks as her brow raise.

"They're... Amazing."

"Look at you, you're getting red just by thinking about them." She giggles making me realize how red my face was.

"Sh-Shut up, my face isn't red." I rolled my eyes with a bit of laughter rolling of my tongue.

"Whatever you say." She shrugs with an eye roll.