chapter 1

I woke up early this morning. Impossible to stay in bed any longer with these shrill cries outside. Since the attack of our enemies the day before, our faithful are frightened more than ever. chaos reigns in my place and I no longer know what to do to help. Despite being a girl, I was the last possible heir to the throne following the death of my father. This made many people unhappy. my father included. he would have preferred my big brother to take his place on the throne but he had disappeared long before I was born. father died recently. three weeks ago. the royal doctor told us that it was a cardiac arrest and my mother was far too unhappy to reign so everything rests on my shoulders. I'm used to it, I wasn't included in the program and therefore, I could also see that he would have preferred that I was a boy but I am a girl which diminishes their love for me even more. but who needs a blood family right? I have my best friend by my side and for me he is my real family. I hired him as a royal advisor to help me reign over the kingdom that was reluctantly bequeathed to me. but the royal guard needed him to protect our kingdom and I found myself alone to make decisions.

but I'm doing pretty well.

and that's how it all began. now I have to manage the crisis that is hitting my kingdom. The best way to stop these attacks would be to marry the son of my enemies and that is out of the question. he is arrogant, blond, capricious, selfish, he doesn't care about others, and he is dishonest. I think I could count on one hand the number of times he was honest.

no matter, all this to say that I will never marry a person like him.

at the foot of my bedroom window, I looked outside. there is a huge forest as far as the eye can see behind its walls but I am not allowed to go to the other side. in fact, no one has this right. I took a chance once two years ago. I quickly regretted it. Besides, the flogging scars on my back still look as good as the first day. my servant knocked on my door and then came in, taking me out of my less than happy thoughts.

Sagen: how was his majesty's night?

It took me a second before I answered.

Delilah:I had a very good night, Mrs. Sagen. thanks for asking.
Sagen: It's a pleasure your majesty. On your mattress, I placed something to wash you and a dress as usual.
Delilah: thank you sagen you can dispose.
Sagen: sure. Thank your majesty. oh and before I forget, your mother has something to tell you before breakfast.
Delilah: I'm writing this down. I will call you if I need anything. go back to rest now..

sagen simply nodded then let young delilah wash herself. sagen is an old woman of sixty-seven and delilah tries to ask less and less of her. she means more to her than her own mother. but that's normal, sagen already took care of young delilah when she was still a baby. she was like her mother. always treating her with tenderness and love in every little gesture she made. This woman is very endearing.

and unlike me, sagen knew my big brother but refuses to talk to me about him. in fact, she was ordered never to speak to me about it.

I cleaned myself and went down to see what the queen had to say to me. To get to the throne room, I passed through the central garden and tried to breathe as much of this pure air as possible before having to return to this castle where is my place.

Delilah: good morning mother. Did you sleep well?
Démonica : good morning daugther. I slept well thank you.
Delilah: of course toi don't return the question to me because you don't care about.

the queen sighs.

Démonica : could you stop acting like a child for a second? I made you come to me because i have something important to tell you.

delilah rolled her eyes but focused all the same.

Delilah: hurry up, mother. the heir to the throne has duties to accomplish.

Démonica took a deep breath and asked the guard to open the doors.
a blond guy enters the room dramatically.

Austin: how are the little ladie? did you miss me?

Delilah: you.

Démonica : daughter, I present to you prince austin.

Delilah : i know who he are.

Démonica : Alright! This makes things easier for me! he's also your future husband!

Delilah: my what?!

Austin's evil laugh.

*-*

Hi buddies! This is the first story I've written in English so sorry for any errors! I hope you liked the first chapter!! ❤❤