chapter 2

a bomb had just exploded.

Delilah: I'm not going to marry him. it is out of the question and you know it, mother.

Austin: your mother and I had an understanding. in exchange for your hand my dear, I will put a stop to the war that opposes us and festivities will take place to celebrate our marriage!

Delilah: oh you shut up! is it that the truth mother? you promised my hand to this prince against his will? as if I were just a common object?
Démonica : indeed yes. but it is only for the good of the kingdom.
Delilah: bullshit! you don't care about the kingdom!
Démonica : Watch your language, young lady! I may not be Saint Mary, but I don't just think about myself! You're going to marry Prince Austin whether you like it or not!
Delilah: rather die!
Démonica : It's like you want, my treasure, but whether you're dead or alive, you're going to end this war. I hope I was clear enough. now, arrange and try to get to know each other.

Delilah sighed heavily and headed towards the doors followed closely by Prince Austin. At the last moment, Delilah turned towards her mother, both hands on the doors to keep them open for a moment, and addressed her.

Delilah: you know mother, I will do it because it is my duty as heir to the throne. but remember this, technically I am your queen, so if you do this kind of thing behind my back again, I warn you, I will have you arrested and put in the dungeon for the rest of your miserable life.

after this devastating sentence, she let go of the doors and watched them close in front of her.

Austin: god damn you're rude.

I turn my head towards him slowly and give him my darkest look. I hear him swallow and satisfied with the effect I had on him, I give him my best smile.

Delilah: so prince? happy to see me again?
Austin: if only. no, I just wanted to put an end to the war. my kingdom is in misery and an alliance would do it the greatest good.
Delilah:you are still the same.
Austin: what do you mean?
Delilah: you only think about your own interests.
Austin: we all do that you know your majesty. stop making me look bad.
Delilah: if you say it. I was just saying it like that.
Austin : why do you seem to hate me? I haven't done anything to you it seems...
Delilah: no you are right. you didn't do anything to me. but there are rumors that say that you were very close to my brother and that you were jealous of him. because he was soon going to become king and not you. so you declared war on him...
Austin: firstly, this is completely false! yes we were close but I was in no way jealous of him! It was quite the opposite!
Delilah: what do you mean by, it was quite the opposite?
Austin: They didn't tell you? never mind. It is not my duty to tell you about it. second...
Delilah: oh no. you will immediately answer me prince austin! What did you mean by, it was rather the opposite?!
Austin: If you don't already know, no one wants you to know. Now I'm going to go and settle into my temporary room. guard? would you kindly show me the way?

I watched them leave with my mouth open. but who is so hiding the truth from me? but whatever it costs, I am ready to do anything to finally know the whole truth.

Delilah: we're not done yet you and me prince austin...

I will return to my room holding back my tears as best I can. but once there, the tears escaped despite me. sagen, who was passing by with her basket of dirty clothes, came to me worried to see me in tears. she placed her basket as best she could on the cold floor of my room and sat down next to me.

Sagen: what's going on your majesty?
Delilah: mother promised my hand to Prince Austin behind my back and now I have no choice to accept because it will end the war between us but I don't want to get married at all! I'm only nineteen! I have my whole life ahead of me but my freedom has just been taken away... and it's not fair!

sagen gently stroked my lower back and made circular motions to comfort me. I remember that she already did that when I was still a child and fell off my horse and hurt my knee. she wiped my tears and told me this little comforting phrase that always made me smile.

A failure or an error does not mean being worthless, it take time for the potential to flourish. You don't need to be perfect right away..

Sagen : oh my poor darling! I'm so sorry you have to go through this...if only I could do something about it..

delilah thought for a quick second about what sagen had just said.

Delilah: wait...
she wiped her tears then got up to face sagen.
Delilah: you can do something! but it won't be easy...

*-*

End of chapter 2! I really hope you like my story! really sorry if it's not detailed very well but I'm doing my best! :) ❤❤