Chapter 1

The year was 2018. Stray Kids, a group of eight young men, had just been formed. Hyunjin and Seungmin were close in age, one 18 and the other 17 at the time. They stood out among the others with their distinct features: Hyunjin's mole under his eye and attractive facial feaures, towering at 5'10'', and Seungmin's blonde hair and dark brown puppy-like eyes, at 5'9''.

As they went through the grueling training process together, they formed an unbreakable bond that only grew stronger as time passed. They were inseparable, finishing each other's sentences and sharing inside jokes that only they understood.

Five years later, their group, now a duo, had achieved immense success. Their fans, known as Stays, were some of the most dedicated and passionate in the industry.

However, everything came crashing down when Seungmin became embroiled in a dating scandal.

The news spread like wildfire, and soon the once supportive fans turned against him. The weight of public scrutiny and the pressure from their agency caused Seungmin to sink deeper and deeper into a pit of depression.

It was then that Hyunjin, the self-proclaimed leader of Stray Kids, decided to take matters into his own hands. He hired a team of professionals to discredit the rumors and clear Seungmin's name. But, there was one condition: Seungmin would have to kiss him. At first, Seungmin refused, but Hyunjin was insistent, saying that it was the only way to prove their loyalty to each other and to the group. Reluctantly, Seungmin obliged.

As their lips met, Hyunjin's heart raced, and for a fleeting moment, he thought he felt something else as well. Before he could dwell on it further, he released Seungmin and told him that the rumors were taken care of.

As Seungmin walked away, still reeling from the kiss and the emotions it had stirred up, he couldn't help but feel confused. He didn't understand why Hyunjin had done that or what it meant for their friendship. Little did he know that Hyunjin had been harboring feelings for him for years, and that kiss had only confirmed them. The next few weeks would be filled with tension and longing as the two idols tried to navigate their newfound feelings and the complicated dynamics of their relationship.

Meanwhile, the fans were growing increasingly restless.

They had noticed the distance between the two and were desperate for answers. Rumors began to spread, with some believing that the two were in a secret relationship, while others speculated that they had grown apart.

The Stay community was divided.

Some offering support and encouragement, while others resorted to attacking and harassing the pair on social media.

As the days turned into weeks, the tension between Hyunjin and Seungmin continued to simmer beneath the surface. Despite their best efforts to maintain a professional facade, it was clear that they were both struggling. One afternoon, while the rest of their backup dancers were practicing, Hyunjin found Seungmin alone in a quiet corner of the studio. Without hesitation, he dragged him outside, where they could finally have some privacy.

"Why do you keep running away from me?" Hyunjin asked, his voice laced with both hurt and confusion. "We're supposed to be partners, right? Friends?"

Seungmin lowered his gaze, his cheeks flushing a deep shade of red. He bit his lip nervously before mumbling, "I-I don't know... I just get nervous around you sometimes."

Hyunjin's heart skipped a beat at Seungmin's admission. He took a deep breath, mustering up the courage to say what he had been feeling for so long. "Seungmin... I've loved you for a long time now. Even before we joined the group."

Seungmin's eyes widened in surprise as he listened to Hyunjin's confession. Part of him had hoped that Hyunjin felt the same way, but another part of him was terrified of the implications. After a long moment of silence, he finally mustered up the courage to speak. "Hyunjin... I-I..." He trailed off, his voice barely audible. "I've loved you too."