⋆ ★poa ⟿ harry's reward, y/n's uncertainty★⋆

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Y/N's P.O.V. 

Easter holidays sucked. Y/N hated them with all her heart. 

All the homework she had been ignoring had piled up and now she had to actually do it. 

But the worst thing...was the conversation she had with Remus the first morning of holidays...after the events of Snape finding them after curfew.

Remus had asked her to bring Harry along and the boy was absolutely terrified. He was clutching onto her hand and their silver bracelets clanked together with each step.

"Y/N, what if he expels me?" Harry asked worriedly, running a hand through his black hair.

Y/N sighed, giving him a side glance, "Wouldn't put it past him - but he can't, only Dumbledore can." 

"He's going to murder me," Harry said, as though accepting his fate. 

Asking the question that had been burning inside her since last night, Y/N fiddled with the sleeves of her sweater and asked, "Why did you even say we were snogging?" 

Maybe Y/N wanted Harry to say that he wanted to kiss her...but she'd never admit that to herself, not yet anyway. 

"Well...er...." he said awkwardly. "Well, I mean," Harry said. "It...Well...I mean, Snape was shocked - wasn't he?" 

Y/N gave him what she hoped was a blank stare and said, "Okay...but why'd you tell him we were kissing?

"To shock him so badly that we wouldn't get detention," Harry said firmly. "And it worked, didn't it?" 

But when Y/N tried to get a closer look at his face, Harry turned away from her. She still caught a hint of blush dusting his cheeks. 

"Right..." she said as they approached Remus's office. 

Harry's palms were incredibly sweaty when Y/N opened the door, her own heart pounding in her chest. It was rather dramatic, but it was necessary. 

"Hello, Y/N," Remus said, then his eyes fell on Harry and his expression hardened. "Mister Potter," he acknowledged. 

Harry clenched her hand even tighter. 

Y/N thought Remus had gotten past the whole, 'Calling-Harry-Mister-Potter,' thing. Apparently not. 

"Take a seat," he gestured to two chairs in front of the teacher's desk. 

Nervously, limbs trembling, they sunk into the chairs, hands still intertwined. Remus sat down in the teachers chair and clasped his hands together on the table. 

"So," he said. 

"So..." Y/N repeated quietly. 

"Who wants to explain - or do I have to prod?" Remus asked in a monotonous voice.